Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, If You Want To Keep Doing Events With Points Here Is How We Should Do It!

EclipsedHusky

The current problem is we only get in groups to be able to finish these boring missions faster!

Instead of simply giving us points and having X points gives you X item, and Y points give you Y item. Have the points use the Token idea that has been passed around.

Idea how to fix it!

Make a special place with a TON of rewards. ANY event you help with gives you points, that can be used in this trading place for various things. Mods! Gun pieces! special skins! BPs! Paints! Even maybe a frame or two!

Of course this would mean all events would need to be point based, and generally give the same sort of point amount.(formian ship run count of a total party of three netting you 10 points a run is a good place to start!)

If done this way, then we won't have a major fallout for solo players or any silly things like clan rewards! Instead set it up so there is sort of a council in clans and the entire clan can vote to donate points to pool for things to go in the dojo! (like how we do building things in dojos!) This would allow those that have enough for what THEY want to share it with clan mates in a way! (maybe a VAULT room for clans so they can donate things like tokens, materials, credits)

Also if using a point system then you could do something like the void where you use the "shop key" invite friends and they can pool in to help you out for the thing you want or vise versa! See a shiny mod in there you would like? missing 5 points but a buddy had all weekend to play, and the event is over?! No fear ask him if he would pitch you a few points!

If done this way you can also hype up the lore a bit more cause your rewards would be more so attached to something non-lore based! You can have a "trade shop" just stuffed full of high point things that people want, an then an event comes around they can play until they have what they wanted in the trade shop or like I said stuff like frames or guns could be super expensive like 1000 points 2000 points so if events stay regular people can be willing to farm these events like mad so they can save up for the stuff tucked away in the trade shop!

Any suggestions or ideas leave em here! I figure after the work days start up for the DE members I will link em to here so they can see it without having to lurk! :3

TL:DR:

DE should set up a trade shop chocked full of stuff, guns, gun pieces/BPs, melee pieces/BPs , sentinels BPs, mods, frame BPs/pieces, paints, skins, (maybe a line or two of a pallet?) . That can be bought with event points that you have gained over time!

By this I mean ALL events give a sort of token 1 point in this event = 1 token in the Trade store. If we use the Formian ship runs formula for how events give points then a three man team can net 10 points per run, two 7, and a single person 5.  Points would be able to be pooled into a clan point pool for things like event statues and such! (these numbers are off from the event numbers for a reasons ;3)

Shop name ideas also welcome! Current idea. Lotus Layaway.

Edited by BobBoberson

Here's why:

- It would mean that each individual event doesn't require participation, since points could be used on anything from any event.

- It would mean that you could farm the crap out of one event that is vastly easier to aquire points from and ignore the ones that require some sort of effort.

- It would mean that your "Event" turns into a "Timed currency grab...EVENT!"

- It would mean that the exclusivity of events, that being happy funtime items such as badges, mods, or weapons, are no longer exclusive to people who participated.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could think of more, but this is a good start.

The current problem is we only get in groups to be able to finish these boring missions faster!

Instead of simply giving us points and having X points gives you X item, and Y points give you Y item. Have the points use the Token idea that has been passed around.

Idea how to fix it!

Make a special place with a TON of rewards. ANY event you help with gives you points, that can be used in this trading place for various things. Mods! Gun pieces! special skins! BPs! Paints! Even maybe a frame or two!

Of course this would mean all events would need to be point based, and generally give the same sort of point amount.(formian ship run count of a total party of three netting you 10 points a run is a good place to start!)

If done this way, then we won't have a major fallout for solo players or any silly things like clan rewards! Instead set it up so there is sort of a council in clans and the entire clan can vote to donate points to pool for things to go in the dojo! (like how we do building things in dojos!) This would allow those that have enough for what THEY want to share it with clan mates in a way! (maybe a VAULT room for clans so they can donate things like tokens, materials, credits)

Also if using a point system then you could do something like the void where you use the "shop key" invite friends and they can pool in to help you out for the thing you want or vise versa! See a shiny mod in there you would like? missing 5 points but a buddy had all weekend to play, and the event is over?! No fear ask him if he would pitch you a few points!

If done this way you can also hype up the lore a bit more cause your rewards would be more so attached to something non-lore based! You can have a "trade shop" just stuffed full of high point things that people want, an then an event comes around they can play until they have what they wanted in the trade shop or like I said stuff like frames or guns could be super expensive like 1000 points 2000 points so if events stay regular people can be willing to farm these events like mad so they can save up for the stuff tucked away in the trade shop!

Any suggestions or ideas leave em here! I figure after the work days start up for the DE members I will link em to here so they can see it without having to lurk! :3

TL:DR:

DE should set up a trade shop chocked full of stuff, guns, gun pieces/BPs, melee pieces/BPs , sentinels BPs, mods, frame BPs/pieces, paints, skins, (maybe a line or two of a pallet?) . That can be bought with event points that you have gained over time!

By this I mean ALL events give a sort of token 1 point in this event = 1 token in the Trade store. If we use the Formian ship runs formula for how events give points then a three man team can net 10 points per run, two 7, and a single person 5.  Points would be able to be pooled into a clan point pool for things like event statues and such! (these numbers are off from the event numbers for a reasons ;3)

Shop name ideas also welcome! Current idea. Lotus Layaway.

Its a good idea but it has a few flaws here and there. First off, I don't think people would like a new currency and have to work separately on gaining that currency, especially if they would not be allowed to purchase certain things without having it.

Here's why:

- It would mean that each individual event doesn't require participation, since points could be used on anything from any event.

- It would mean that you could farm the crap out of one event that is vastly easier to aquire points from and ignore the ones that require some sort of effort.

- It would mean that your "Event" turns into a "Timed currency grab...EVENT!"

- It would mean that the exclusivity of events, that being happy funtime items such as badges, mods, or weapons, are no longer exclusive to people who participated.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could think of more, but this is a good start.

Simple fixes to those would be special LORE based rewards, still give stuff like badges, make the points offer more say right now sling stone points would be like 25% worth in the shop, and the current event would be at 100% for trade ins (continue that for a while possibly until two weeks before the next event)

Simple fixes to those would be special LORE based rewards, still give stuff like badges, make the points offer more say right now sling stone points would be like 25% worth in the shop, and the current event would be at 100% for trade ins (continue that for a while possibly until two weeks before the next event)

I think there would have to be a fundamental change behind events before this could happen.  As of the moment, people only care about the rewards, not the actual event.  If you're giving out everything from an event, after the event is through, why bother having an event for the items? Why bother having a progress bar? Why bother having an event that requires participation as opposed to one that adds to the story of the game and offers new, limited-time content?  Events would need to be more of a bonus content with standard reward (lets say a free Dragon Pack of mods) that is rewarded to those who choose to participate and take part in the history of the game.  Part of why the Vandaltron is so great is because it's limited.  Part of why people desire Primed Chamber is because it's novelty and rare, not because it's good (which it isn't).

Here are some examples of different types of events:

Runescape back in the early years gave out items on specific days for holidays or company milestones, or whatever.  These items were never again released and became MASSIVELY sought after.  They later realized their mistakes and made their events run longer than a day and made the items untradeable.

MU, for the brief amount of time I played it, had events that involved chances to earn extra money and xp.

GW2 offers events that are based over a large amount of time (usually a week or month) that include new skins or items that can never again be obtained, and usually are not tradeable.  These events always (as far as I am aware) involve a great amount of lore, new content (even if only temporary), and chances to earn, in addition to the exclusive items, extra xp and standard items.  

WoW basically has everything mentioned and then some.

Warframe, so far, has had events that grant a minor amount of extra content and reward an exclusive item (okay, yes, Frost Prime later became available to everyone, but through a completely different means and it wasn't what you would call a simple task).  Should they stray away from this pattern, then I could see them going to a system similar to the one you propose, but until then your system would effecively &!$$ off almost everyone who did participate in the previous events.

I will also say that adding another currency is fine, as we only have two so far, but it is important to not get too crazy with them.  WoW used to have literally dozens of tokens and trinkets and whatnot that could be turned in for various rewards, but they eventually simplified it because it was just taking up too much space.  GW2 is on the verge of crossing over into that territory...

TL;DR - Events in this game are run differently than those of other games, but they still have their own purpose.  Also, more currency is not always good.

Edited by MeteorKing

I personally am not for a token shop. It would be nice for Clans to be able to pool points and get their own statue from the event but it won't be dealing with the issue I have with this event and by extent, ones to follow.

My main problem with the current event is not because there aren't enough rewards, it's because the missions are near identical to normal missions, boring and don't offer any sense of actual teamwork. In my opinion, The Fomorian event was a great example of how to take something were all familiar with, defense, and give it weight. This was partially because, for whatever reason, the Lore behind it felt bigger than it was. The Grineer had big massive ships that were coming to take us out and we had to work with the Corpus to stop them. The big reason I liked it though was it required us to work together in a much more significant way. I, as a player, had to coordinate with my team on how many corruptors we had, who would carry what and that actually mattered to how smoothly the mission would go. Maybe that seems silly to you, but that alone made me feel like I was accomplishing something. I felt like I was part of a team. I didn't need any tokens or extra rewards dangled in front of me to keep me dragging my heels mission after mission.

My points at the end of the Fomorian event was over 700. I never once felt like it was work or even cared about the resource scare. The event alone was carrying me along.

I'm currently at 143 on this event and to be perfectly honest, the 43 came from helping other members get to the 100 point requirement for the mods. Before they were announced, I barely made it to 40.

Edited by Haldos