Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Drop Table = Inflation Approved

Dude_on_the_Moon

Are you stupid?

The issue here, the concern over mat 'inflation' is that the PRICES will also go up an arbitrary amount. With inflation, the per unit value of a currency goes DOWN.

This means that, if you didn't like dropping 5K material on something, you might have to be dropping 25K on the same thing soon :\

I am confused as to why he is stupid. Economy is based on correlation between items and an assigned monetary value (loosely, over simplified for this instance). Unless the overproduction of an item causes it to lose value in regards to something else (money/other goods) there really is no economy. No one was going to be paying lots of anything for anything at this time. there is no trade/sell/ah. Even if there was you wouldn't be giving away salvage. No one would want them. Nano spores? Sure, I could use some more to finish building my 3d rendering of the mona lisa as the basis for my interplanetary art exhibit. Really, he isn't stupid for pointing out that there is no economy. 

But this is the definition of RNG working as intended. RNG is a horrible thing unless you win the lottery. That is what RNG.....

Indeed it is. I'm not exactly saying RNG isn't "working right", I'm saying RNG is a crappy system. I've noticed they reverted the longsword lunges to the old system as well, it was almost game breaking for those who actively use longswords and I'd call it broken as well if they kept it, regardless of whether they'd intended to do it or accidentally did it.

I've heard a couple of months ago that they were looking into replacing the RNG with a better system, maybe just a rumour, but haven't heard of it since.

Edited by CapricaSix

We do not have a economy??? ok.

You will build Grakata with 1-000-000 ferrite personally.

Dont be lame, game have a economy and balance a little, but have.

u sure WF have an economy? when the trading market isnt even out?

how can there be economy when we can't trade yet?

Even if we will have economy, nano spores/ferrite/whatever frequent drop would never ruined the market due to it's flexibility. Yes, nano spores will be cheap as hell, but it inflation is also the market regulation tool. Not to mention the fact that crafting system is barely integrated in market (rare resources, bp cost, crafting cost, time).

If we are to complain about something, it's about crafting being non-productive. For example, you can buy potato for 20 plat. Or you can craft it when you'll get potato BP (doggie treat after stream), resources (CM, gallium, Orokin Cell and Morphic, 10 plat each on market), 25k credits and 24 hour of time (or another 10 plat to rush). If we will go for plat full-time, it's 20 against 10(CM)+10(Gallium)+10(Cell)+10(Morphic)+75 (90 for Highroller credit bundle, scaled)+10 (rush) + ? (Blueprint) = 125+? 

u sure WF have an economy? when the trading market isnt even out?

how can there be economy when we can't trade yet?

Doesnt matter can we use trade or not its all about  inflation.

For example DE should NERF kunai.. but they dont want to do it, i told them, hey guys what are u doing, if u will not nerf kunai - then we will have buffed other weapons ans mobs,  the didnt listen. Now - subnormal drop of resources will increase cost of build for items - ull see. ul see....

I liked the days when you had to farm for scraps of resources.

Why?

Those were the days when the Gorgon was actually viable until end game!

Farm for 2 weeks, get Gorgon.

Proceed to shred enemies faces.

If nerfing the resource drops means reducing the power creep of the game, I'm all for it.

Edited by Destro6677