Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Survival Feedback

boat

After having done more than a few runs of Kuva Survival for extensive periods, I have some feedback to give.

First of all, bravo to DE for implementing Survival in a way that feels active and engrossing. I never felt bored at any time and always felt like I was working towards a reward. All Kuva Survival needs is a few tweaks here and there and it'll be perfect.

Keep in mind that all my experience was solo, and from a solo player's perspective.

• We need a way to heal the Harvester.
    • There is no doubt that once you reach high enough levels, the Harvester will get clipped by an enemy and instantly be destroyed. This forces players to bring frames like Frost, Limbo and other defensive frames rather than self-sustaining frames typically brought to a Survival mission.
    • Suggestion: Kuva Catalysts start becoming abundant later on in the mission, sometimes having 2, 3 or even 4 Catalysts just laying on the floor not being used. Allow us to be able to insert multiple Kuva Catalysts into the Harvester, refilling it's health to maximum and potentially increasing it's maximum HP by 1000 per Catalyst inserted.
  • 200 Kuva at base is good, but needs to scale to encourage players to play for longer.
    • I am personally very satisfied with 200 Kuva per Harvester. I was able to gather up multiple thousands of Kuva in 10-15 minutes, but I am aware that many players aren't as passionate about the Survival gamemode as I am, and thus need a reason to stay for a long time outside the simple self-challenge.
    • Suggestion: As per the previous suggestion, allow multiple Kuva Catalysts to be inserted into the Harvester, potentially increasing the base amount of Kuva rewarded by 50 per Catalyst inserted. This, paired along with the Catalyst healing the Harvester will make the experience far more rewarding in my eyes.
  • Enemies scale too quickly.
    • I don't know much about how the current scaling system works, but seeing level 100+ Lancers at 45 minutes seems a bit... strange.
    • Suggestion: Slow down enemy scaling to a point where you won't be seeing triple digit levels until at least an hour in.
  • Spawn rate of Life Support slows down the longer you play.
    • This is fine in normal survival missions, as it adds to the difficulty of going on for longer periods. In Kuva Survival however, it just adds a lot of dead time in between each Harvester, especially if you're inserting the Kuva Catalyst as soon as the capsule finishing spawning in.
    • Suggestion: Make the capsules spawn at a fixed rate such as one every 2 minutes, equalizing the 1 minute it takes for the Harvester to complete and normal survival gameplay.

Also here's your obligatory "literally unplayable" message.

Edited by boat

13 minutes ago, boat said:

After having done more than a few runs of Kuva Survival for extensive periods, I have some feedback to give.

First of all, bravo to DE for implementing Survival in a way that feels active and engrossing. I never felt bored at any time and always felt like I was working towards a reward. All Kuva Survival needs is a few tweaks here and there and it'll be perfect.

Keep in mind that all my experience was solo, and from a solo player's perspective.

• We need a way to heal the Harvester.
    • There is no doubt that once you reach high enough levels, the Harvester will get clipped by an enemy and instantly be destroyed. This forces players to bring frames like Frost, Limbo and other defensive frames rather than self-sustaining frames typically brought to a Survival mission.
    • Suggestion: Kuva Catalysts start becoming abundant later on in the mission, sometimes having 2, 3 or even 4 Catalysts just laying on the floor not being used. Allow us to be able to insert multiple Kuva Catalysts into the Harvester, refilling it's health to maximum and potentially increasing it's maximum HP by 1000 per Catalyst inserted.
  • 200 Kuva at base is good, but needs to scale to encourage players to play for longer.
    • I am personally very satisfied with 200 Kuva per Harvester. I was able to gather up multiple thousands of Kuva in 10-15 minutes, but I am aware that many players aren't as passionate about the Survival gamemode as I am, and thus need a reason to stay for a long time outside the simple self-challenge.
    • Suggestion: As per the previous suggestion, allow multiple Kuva Catalysts to be inserted into the Harvester, potentially increasing the base amount of Kuva rewarded by 50 per Catalyst inserted. This, paired along with the Catalyst healing the Harvester will make the experience far more rewarding in my eyes.
  • Enemies scale too quickly.
    • I don't know much about how the current scaling system works, but seeing level 100+ Lancers at 45 minutes seems a bit... strange.
    • Suggestion: Slow down enemy scaling to a point where you won't be seeing triple digit levels until at least an hour in.

Also here's your obligatory "literally unplayable" message.

I’m fine with these changes except for the third one. MOT’s scaling is even worse than Kuva Fortress Scaling. The enemies level scaling as about 5e same biut their damage is not as extreme as in MOT. The current scaling in Kuva Foress is about the same as Sedna’s on Selkie.

2 hours ago, Shaw1996 said:

I’m fine with these changes except for the third one. MOT’s scaling is even worse than Kuva Fortress Scaling. The enemies level scaling as about 5e same biut their damage is not as extreme as in MOT. The current scaling in Kuva Foress is about the same as Sedna’s on Selkie.

Yeah, the final point was just sorta thrown in there at the last minute. One of my clanmates pointed it out and I felt it would be good to bring it up.

My thoughts on it are that:

1. the base rate needs to be upped to 250
  2. if a kuva tower finishes and there are no life support towers, arriving at the spot of the next one should cause it to instantly spawn
  3. kuva tower HP needs to scale

Kuva reward scaling is also a good idea, but even short runs aren't worth it at the moment, never mind long ones.

I also have a minor suggestion to change the color of the harvesters and the catalysts from red to something more discernible. They have almost identical hue of red as the enemy markers on the mini map. Maybe that blueish color that the catalysts have?