Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit Cost for Revive Refill

Lunar_Havoc

I'd like to start by saying that I just started in the closed beta this afternoon, and I love it.

So far I have a few minor complaints, such a Orokin upgrades or warframe slots that seem to be already covered by much more eloquent men than myself in other threads. However, one problem that doesn't seem to be addressed is the pay-only option to continue playing after only 4 deaths in a day. I feel the fix is simple, add a (relatively) expensive option to refill revives with credits. My first guess would be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5000 credits, so that it is still a hefty punishment but not one that will stop you from playing for 24 hours.

I feel the current system heavily punishes players of a lower skill level, or players who want to spend a lot of time playing in a single day. The small amount required to continue playing in that situation seems almost spiteful, and I think an alternative would be appreciated by many.

Just my thoughts, keep up the great work DE!

Lots of love <3

I'm not sure this is going to be a huge problem in the future or even right now. Four revives is a pretty good number, especially per day. Especially since there's no penalty to just simply forfeiting the mission and trying again. And it's certainly enough to learn that you need to be more careful in the lower levels.

As for people playing for long lengths in a day, I really don't think that's a problem either. As far as my experiences go, lots of people play for hours and don't even receive a single death. Like many games, Warframe has a learning curve and it's a relatively low curve at that.

That, or run with them, and revive them, as you should in a team. If you can't run missions solo, just play with a little more caution or play with friends who know what they are doing. I'm not even that skilled myself, but the only times I really die are those random grenade ganks or boss insta-kill moves. Even then, there are usually others in the match willing to revive and utilize one of the many skills to sidetrack the boss momentarily. Shouldn't even need revives if your teammates are there to help with revives.

Or yeah, just forfeit and save a revive for later. Losing a mission isn't a big deal and you don't really lose anything for it. It's not like you're getting docked exp points or anything from dying or failing missions.

First reply, insult. Class act.

To be clear, I am not out of revives. I think the system is unfair, and it turns my less skilled friends off the game.

I Dont feel any insult was intended, a lot of players seem to have difficulty staying alive when they first start playing, and run out of revives much faster than more seasoned players. You your self even state that your friends arent as skilled, implying that they may have run out of revives quite quickly.

The way I see it, is that the game is meant to be played with friends. Having even just one extra player means you can go down and not have to burn a revive as long as they get there in time, making the revive ammount a non issue. It does, however, let a person play solo without operating at a massive dissadvantage, where going down once would mean the end of the game without a revive system. And like was stated above, having no revives doesnt keep you from playing.

If you have a good team then revives aren't necessary, or can be used sparsely throughout a day.

It's true, however for people trying to pass the game on solo, like me, it's stupidly frustrating, the game isn't scaled well for single player, everyone might have notice that by now, even missions that say "Recommended level: 5 to 10" are very omissive as the game, contrary to what it says, re scales the enemies life and overall damage to the level you are currently at, ending up with me, and possibly others, dying over and over due to stun lock encounters and for the most part cheap deaths.

Edited by TrueBlueGamer

Ive only ever heard of one person who actually spent platnum on refilling revives, and he only did it because he didn't realize they return at the end of the day.

Honestly i think there should be no way to restore revives. 4 a day period. Both because allowing it to be bought with credits would make the game even more rush friendly, and to prevent poor souls from making a horrible mistake and spending plat on them