The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Critical issue requires ATTENTION

BaronKreight

• 2 months later...

I believe this crash can also come from graphic cards with boost functionality, which is basically all of them these days. Boost is when the graphic card automatically increases its performance based on heat and power availability. 

To explain:

This game is really, really easy to run. My graphic card (980 ti) runs at 1480mhz when at full power thanks to GPU boost and manual overclocking, however for Warframe, it only runs at 963mhz to save power and reduce heat automatically. That's  all Warframe requires, my graphic card literally does not sweat at all to run this game at 1440p so there is no point having the graphic card running at max performance.

So what's happening?

When a big battle happens or some random particle thing, the GPU spikes to full power (963mhz > 1480mhz) but it screws up the game sometimes, hence the black screen but there is sound in the background and you can still move around. When it scales up to full performance, it also has to increase the power (wattage) instantly to accommodate or the GPU driver will crash(throw an error). All this stuff is happening in millisecond time frames.

Basically, the display drvier crashes/hangs for a moment and this game engine HAS NO CAPABILITY to resume like other games (E.g War Thunder will have a GPU crash yet it can recover within 1 second). Nier Automata had the exact same freeze issue and the devs stated this fact. 

Edited by Daffan

On 2018-07-14 at 4:32 AM, BaronKreight said:

Dude its not about big battles. It could freeze right after logging in or even on login screen. Completely random as it seems.

Hence I wrote "some random particle thing." In the exact same sentence.

This is particularly why I crash(visual only freeze) in the Dojo a lot, even though it's a basic-ish room with   unique effect props. 

Edited by Daffan

I was just doing the last stage in PoE bounty, the screen froze but the game (and sound) was still running in the windows process, I needed to kill the game and wasted my time doing the bounty.

Game freezes quite a lot compared to the past.

On 2018-07-18 at 7:26 AM, modalmojo said:

I was just doing the last stage in PoE bounty, the screen froze but the game (and sound) was still running in the windows process, I needed to kill the game and wasted my time doing the bounty.

Game freezes quite a lot compared to the past.

I've had the freeze over 10 times just trying to do the Neptune portion of The Sacrifice rofl.