Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improved Item Pickup Feed Please!

Deepsixeden

First off I would like to say AWESOME job so far on the game guys, your the first dev team that I feel actually connected to!

My suggestion in this post is to improve the way the HUD in-game displays items you have picked up. At the moment it is just the simple single line of white text at the bottom-center of the screen. While at times it is alright, when you are running over a million ammo types and trying to see what sort of components you have picked up in the ocean of ammo drops, it can be frustrating to have to keep an eye on the bottom of the screen while the text frantically changes between saying:

"Shotgun Ammo Full, Pistol Ammo Full, Sniper Ammo+4, Rifle Ammo Full, Shotgun Ammo Full, Pistol Ammo Full, Sniper Ammo+4, Rifle Ammo Full,Shotgun Ammo Full, Pistol Ammo Full, Sniper Ammo+4, Rifle Ammo Full,Shotgun Ammo Full, Pistol Ammo Full, Sniper Ammo+4, Rifle Ammo Full,Shotgun Ammo Full, Pistol Ammo Full, Sniper Ammo+4, Rifle Ammo Full, and then finally Orokin Cell+1"

Even at times the item pickup text is changing so fast I cannot see what I have picked up until the very end of the mission. My concern is when I am playing with friends and we are specifically farming a certain rare component like Orokin Cells or Neural Sensors. If one drops we of course say "Hey there is one here!" and mark it. But with the wacky item text at the moment, we may sometimes not see.

My idea is to have instead of a single line of text that rapidly changes, either a box that slowly feeds a column of what items and how many you have picked up, and having ammo pickup feed either completely removed or in a seperate feed of some kind.

Thank you so much for your hard work and time! Keep up the awesome work!

-Founder Deepsixeden

I would like irrelevant ammo types to not show anything at all when I walk over them. Perhaps an editable filter on the feed?

Honestly, the "Bla Ammo Full" shouldn't be a notification in this game.  It's only necessary in games where you don't have cluttered floors.