Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Fear Joke

The_Basilisk

People can defend the Devs all they want, but at the end of the day this is what it comes down to.  We were promised a 6 day event, and they just cut that in half out of nowhere.  It's kinda messed up and people have lives and planned around the timeline set by the devs to get their crap in order.  It doesn't take 30-40 minutes to get to 100 points and it's pointless to come in here on that bs.  After doing this once you would think they wouldn't screw people over a second time.  People have put a lot of time, money, and showed support which has helped this game get to where it is today.  Losing those mods is really annoying and frustrating to those who have done these things.  Do what you promised initially instead of creeping up and screwing over the people that have stuff to do or were coordinating with clan members for schedules.  It's really quite simple and should have been done from the get go.  Stop acting like babies and trying to act like this is even remotely justified because it is not.  People have every right to be unhappy about it.  Go troll somewhere else.  Devs, this is a really messed up move.  You should do what you said you would do.  You shouldn't get players into the habit of expecting you not to do what you say you will do with your community events which really provides a major surge for the amount of activity on your servers.  Just saying.

The DE gave you 6 days to complete the event, not event for 6 days despite completion.

If a teacher or professor give you 6 days to do a report. It doesn't mean the report should last 6 days. It means he/she is giving you 6 days to complete it. What part of that don't any of you understand. The DE simply gave us a Deadline for the event completion. Since many people are saying DE won't let us fail and all that. If 6 days were up and we didn't finish all 3 stages non of us would of gotten the event.

However that doesn't mean we have to use 6 days to complete the event. That doesn't mean you have to use the 6 days to complete your report. You can work on it for 14 hours and complete it on the day it was given to you.

The DE gave you 6 days to complete the event, not event for 6 days despite completion.

If a teacher or professor give you 6 days to do a report. It doesn't mean the report should last 6 days. It means he/she is giving you 6 days to complete it. What part of that don't any of you understand. The DE simply gave us a Deadline for the event completion. Since many people are saying DE won't let us fail and all that. If 6 days were up and we didn't finish all 3 stages non of us would of gotten the event.

However that doesn't mean we have to use 6 days to complete the event. That doesn't mean you have to use the 6 days to complete your report. You can work on it for 14 hours and complete it on the day it was given to you.

Silly analogy. If your boss promised you $1000 for finishing a project within the next week, but you finished it in 3 days, should he pay you anything less than $1000?

I'm glad you used that analogy. I'm a student that needed all 6 days, but because so many people handed in their assignment early, I didn't get the other three days.

But where did it say it will last for full 6 days?

It could have easily been  the available time to complete the event - failure in 6 days.

And yes i have 100 points - i got home 7 pm yesterday, played it for 3 hours or even less and got 100 points.

The mods were announced for 2 days  -48h.

Edited by Ketec

I'm glad you used that analogy. I'm a student that needed all 6 days, but because so many people handed in their assignment early, I didn't get the other three days.

except that every student has their own time for assignment, its individual and so is the time limit meaning that one shouldnt affect each other, meanwhile, the event was a "community event", it wasnt individual.

i missed on the informer event due to work but i sure as hell didn't whine

Edited by DEMegan
insulting

Let me tell you why this makes literally no sense.  I'm glad you did this.  So if your professor gave you 6 days to complete it and assuming you aren't in a class of 1 (maybe you are. yes..maybe you are special).  That means even if you complete your report in 1 day, that does not mean that because you completed it first that the deadline is now up for the rest of the class.  Regardless of the fact that you didn't use the full 6 day deadline, the deadline stands.  That's how it works with the analogy you used.  People be so silly sometimes.

Furthermore, people have every right to complain. People put money and time into this to support it.  If something happens that they aren't particularly happy about they can come into the forums and attempt to communicate with the devs about it.  Not to mention the freaking mods weren't even announced at the beginning of the event.  Everything about this is unprofessional. Makes sense right?  You don't like it?  Don't read it.

Edited by EmptyVoid

I already got my hundred points but this event was still handled absolutely awful. The worst management to date; the rewards only made public halfway through the weekend, and then cut three days before the deadline. It doesn't matter if there's a deadline and the event's quota is filled, you let people play afterward anyway. That's just what you do. If you say six days, people will find time to play during those six days. Not all of us have the weekend off work like you do, DE.

p.s. stop patching friday and leaving broken drop tables all weekend. Drop these patches on Tuesday or something.

except that every student has their own time for assignment, its individual and so is the time limit meaning that one shouldnt affect each other, meanwhile, the event was a "community event", it wasnt individual.

just deal with it and stop whining, i missed on the informer event due to work but i sure as hell didn't whine

Hey, YOU made the analogy, I just took it to its logical extension.

And I am dealing with it by voicing my displeasure; if you don't like my "whining" get off the forum because I'm not yet ready to let this go.

Edited by KF_Kenobi

The whole point you're all failing to see with my analogy about the report assignment is Procrastination is bad. I can't believe how you all didn't see that. You're the lazy student you procrastinate and use up all those 6 days. Now you're rushing through your report on the night before the due date. That is what I was pointing out. I was going to procrastinate with you in this event, till I read that the event had 3 stages. Stage 1 was already at 100% Stage 2 at the time was 45%. If it literally said 3 stages then that means there only 155% left of the whole event.

While you're all busy using your brains to think of a counter argument to my analogy you didn't use it to make this conclusion.

Edit:

Analogy are used to make a point and not used in the literal sense. If it was then this event would of been 6 days to gather 100 points not to complete all 3 stages. 

I guess I should of used a better example. Here one.

You're all construction workers building 3 houses. You're given 6 days to do this. You're paid for how much you contributed. In this sense lets say 100 dollars because of 100 points. You all did your share of the work which now would earn you lets say 20 dollars, but you really need that 100 dollars for something. So you look and think to yourself I have 6 days to do this I should take my time.

What you fail to see is that you're not alone on this. There are also other people assigned with the same task and same amount of days to complete it. So you procrastinate. Then on the beginning of the 3rd day you wake up to find that all 3 houses were completed while you were carefree thinking the job would last 6 days. You will only get 35 dollars now due to the amount of work you put into it.

Now you're with your boss (on the forum) complaining asking him to give you more houses to build. Saying that you were given 6 days and that this isn't fair how the 3 houses are already finished.

You see my point here and where I'm getting at?

Edited by ThePieBoy

Silly analogy. If your boss promised you $1000 for finishing a project within the next week, but you finished it in 3 days, should he pay you anything less than $1000?

Let me tell you why this makes literally no sense.  I'm glad you did this.  So if your professor gave you 6 days to complete it and assuming you aren't in a class of 1 (maybe you are. yes..maybe you are special).  That means even if you complete your report in 1 day, that does not mean that because you completed it first that the deadline is now up for the rest of the class.  Regardless of the fact that you didn't use the full 6 day deadline, the deadline stands.  That's how it works with the analogy you used.  People be so silly sometimes.

Furthermore, people have every right to complain. People put money and time into this to support it.  If something happens that they aren't particularly happy about they can come into the forums and attempt to communicate with the devs about it.  Makes sense right?  You don't like it?  Don't read it.

Was about to type up something like these replies, and totally agree with all 3 of you :)

@ThePieBoy, seriously come up with some better analogies please, this one not only hurt my eyes, it made my brain cells commit suicide so slowly I could feel each of them dying.

If you are alloted 6 days for something, then no matter if some people finish before you, you are still given the full 6 days so that you may complete the event.

if we were to follow your logic on this, you might as well say, if you are in a class taking an 6 hour exam and someone in the class finished it within 3 hours then everyone else should have to finish early too, not only is this logic stupid, it is also illogical and highly flawed. 

Also in your analogy you contradict yourself by saying 'It doesn't mean the report should last 6 days. It means he/she is giving you 6 days to complete it.' in an educational society, if someone says you have 6 days to finish an assignment you have 6 days to finish no matter what, not that you have upto 6 days to finish it and if someone else in the class finishes it early then you have to hand it in early as well even if it is not finished. the same thing should have applied to this event, the timer said we have 6 days, so we should have got 6 days to earn points, whether the actual completion bar was filled or not.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

Now you're rushing through your report on the night before the due date. That is what I was pointing out.

Except that your analogy completely fails to do that. Completely.

I didn't miss it: it wasn't there.

Any way you slice it, in that analogy I still have those few days to work on it.

I thought up of a better analogy go back and read the last post by me under the Edit part.

Now stop hating on my analogy and start understanding the point I was making.

Was about to type up something like these replies, and totally agree with all 3 of you :)

@ThePieBoy, seriously come up with some better analogies please, this one not only hurt my eyes, it made my brain cells commit suicide so slowly I could feel each of them dying.

If you are alloted 6 days for something, then no matter if some people finish before you, you are still given the full 6 days so that you may complete the event.

if we were to follow your logic on this, you might as well say, if you are in a class taking an 6 hour exam and someone in the class finished it within 3 hours then everyone else should have to finish early too, not only is this logic stupid, it is also illogical and highly flawed. 

Also in your analogy you contradict yourself by saying 'It doesn't mean the report should last 6 days. It means he/she is giving you 6 days to complete it.' in an educational society, if someone says you have 6 days to finish an assignment you have 6 days to finish no matter what, not that you have upto 6 days to finish it and if someone else in the class finishes it early then you have to hand it in early as well even if it is not finished. the same thing should have applied to this event, the timer said we have 6 days, so we should have got 6 days to earn points, whether the actual completion bar was filled or not.

I get the point my analogy was bad. Was that all that you pulled out? If that was so then I don't think you actually had the brain cell that you claimed had committed suicide. What if the professor all of a sudden changed his mind and said that it was due the next day? The world isn't fair you know. You aren't entitled to that 6 days. He merely gave it to you. He can take it back anytime.

The whole point you're all failing to see with my analogy about the report assignment is Procrastination is bad. I can't believe how you all didn't see that. You're the lazy student you procrastinate and use up all those 6 days. Now you're rushing through your report on the night before the due date. That is what I was pointing out. I was going to procrastinate with you in this event, till I read that the event had 3 stages. Stage 1 was already at 100% Stage 2 at the time was 45%. If it literally said 3 stages then that means there only 155% left of the whole event.

While you're all busy using your brains to think of a counter argument to my analogy you didn't use it to make this conclusion.

I'm sure you feel like you've said something witty, but I'm going to have to stop you there.  You are trying to apply a situation to something using an analogy that literally made no sense no matter which way you slice it and does not apply to this situation period for that matter.  I don't see how you expect anyone to pick out this "truth" from such a thing.  There wasn't any form of procrastination of the sort.  The event was handled unprofessionally and these community events are big things for the user base for this game and bring a lot of people back to play it.  They have never explicitly stated that these events are races of any sort, and that they are competitions between clans of the tiers that have been set up to try and get a nice little trophy.  People have freaking lives.  This isn't a report, school, a paper, or anything of the sort.  It's not something we had to turn in, and we weren't scrambling to do it at the last moment.  We were participating under the premise that there were 6 days to what we needed to do.  No one understood your divine truth from your poor analogy because it doesn't relate to this situation.  Most people can't sit on their butts for 3 hours straight and spam it out like life isn't going on around them.  People have things like children, relationships, bills, jobs, other obligations.  

Edit:

Analogy are used to make a point and not used in the literal sense. If it was then this event would of been 6 days to gather 100 points not to complete all 3 stages. 

I guess I should of used a better example. Here one.

You're all construction workers building 3 houses. You're given 6 days to do this. You're paid for how much you contributed. In this sense lets say 100 dollars because of 100 points. You all did your share of the work which now would earn you lets say 20 dollars, but you really need that 100 dollars for something. So you look and think to yourself I have 6 days to do this I should take my time.

What you fail to see is that you're not alone on this. There are also other people assigned with the same task and same amount of days to complete it. So you procrastinate. Then on the beginning of the 3rd day you wake up to find that all 3 houses were completed while you were carefree thinking the job would last 6 days. You will only get 35 dollars now due to the amount of work you put into it.

Now you're with your boss (on the forum) complaining asking him to give you more houses to build. Saying that you were given 6 days and that this isn't fair how the 3 houses are already finished.

You see my point here and where I'm getting at?

I'll put this here since people clearly don't read things and think about and just flame and quote on the things they don't understand or makes sense.

I'm sure you feel like you've said something witty, but I'm going to have to stop you there.  You are trying to apply a situation to something using an analogy that literally made no sense no matter which way you slice it and does not apply to this situation period for that matter.  I don't see how you expect anyone to pick out this "truth" from such a thing.  There wasn't any form of procrastination of the sort.  The event was handled unprofessionally and these community events are big things for the user base for this game and bring a lot of people back to play it.  They have never explicitly stated that these events are races of any sort, and that they are competitions between clans of the tiers that have been set up to try and get a nice little trophy.  People have freaking lives.  This isn't a report, school, a paper, or anything of the sort.  It's not something we had to turn in, and we weren't scrambling to do it at the last moment.  We were participating under the premise that there were 6 days to what we needed to do.  No one understood your divine truth from your poor analogy because it doesn't relate to this situation.  Most people can't sit on their butts for 3 hours straight and spam it out like life isn't going on around them.  People have things like children, relationships, bills, jobs, other obligations.

Maybe if you actually read the event page more than once since it was updated with rewards eventually and understand what it says even if it's just your own conclusion. Then think about what past events were like and you wouldn't be the one on the forum with under 100 points complaining.

The previous event with the Alpha, Beta, and Stable Corrupter should of taught you how fast the community do these events. How the DE were generous enough to add more planets to the list. Generosity doesn't last forever and it shouldn't be taken for granted. Second if you would of read to the part where it said the event had 3 Stages. Then go ingame and look at the current Progress of the event and read.

Acrid Fear Escalation.

Acrid Fear

Acrid Fear Last Stand

That is the 3 stages right there. Or do you need someone to count with you?

You should of seen something like this coming. That analogy was a bad example but at least I didn't make the bad choice of not looking deeper into this event and prepared myself for the worst by grinding on Saturday night.

Edited by ThePieBoy

<p>Is this a job.  Do I get paid?  Who the hell is paying you?   I need to find out about this crap because somebody owes me a paycheck.  We aren't working for them.  They are presenting a product to us in hopes that we will support them with micro purchases. Use something that relates to the situation please, I beg of you.  Furthermore, you have no problem since you apparently were able to do it.  Go into a thread that actually means something to you instead of coming in here to try and put people down for no reason at all as if we were actually supposed to rush this event as fast as possible no matter what in spite of real life.  The timer said 6 days, it should have been 6 days despite wave completion, they didn't announce the mods until halfway through the weekend (sorry i'm not forum stalking, events should be as they are announced), when are you going to make sense, and this is quite simple and it should have stopped when they did it the first time.  Saying that this is our fault under the premise that we should have noticed that the progress bars were close to completion is utterly ridiculous.  Those progress bars are there to indicate how close we are to completing our goal so that we can unlock these new grineer settlements.  If you are going to throw in surprise rewards 1/3 of the way through a 6 day event, and not state that this is a race then you should make time to accommodate those players who are planning based on the time allotted to do so, instead of rewarding only the spammers who are competing for the trophy and those who have excessive time to sit down and knock this out instantaneously.</p>

Edited by EmptyVoid

Is this a job.  Do I get paid?  Who the hell is paying you?   I need to find out about this crap because somebody owes me a paycheck.  We aren't working for them.  They are presenting a product to us in hopes that we will support them with micro purchases. Use something that relates to the situation please, I beg of you.  Furthermore, you have no problem since you apparently were able to do it.  Go into a thread that actually means something to you instead of coming in here to try and put people down for no reason at all as if we were actually supposed to rush this event as fast as possible no matter what in spite of real life.  The timer said 6 days, it should have been 6 days despite wave completion, they didn't announce the mods until halfway through the weekend (sorry i'm not forum stalking, events should be as they are announced), when are you going to make sense, and this is quite simple and it should have stopped at the first time they did it.

To make this short.

You were given 6 days to complete the event. Not 6 days of event.

Congratulations, you can comprehend information.

This makes up for people being locked out of the event how?

None of this was to make up for the people being locked out of the event.

This was simply to explain that had they read and completely understood the event. They would of been able to make a choice. To make time for the event or hope that it isn't done in 3 days.

You reap what you sow. If you're going to procrastinate you might not get it done in time. If you quickly finish it up and still have days to spare there nothing for you to worry about.

There would be no problem if it there was clearer communication on the DE's part, I don't see how people don't understand that.

Being able to finish your points in time doesn't add anything to the argument of the event being badly communicated. also players shouldn't have to have past event experience to understand how it works. The event announcements should be clear each and every time without room for misunderstanding and that's simply it. A lot of people trusted that the event would be as long as they were given the impression, and I think the DE themselves knows fully well that they gave many players the impression that it would last 6 days, far too many actually.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Every event has had a set amount of time.

THIS time they decided that since they're magically arbitrary progress bar got filled to stop it early?? WHAT???

let's forget about how HORRIBLE the event was, let's forget about how we never know whether or not they're artificially controlling the bar because there's no stats and they admitted to doing it before, forget about a ton of other stuff....

WHY would you end this event early???

Are you TRYING to make people hate your game?

-worst event yet? Check

-absolute horrible communication about event? Check

-Event conditions/rewards changing mid-event? Check

-Ending the event early shafting all those who came online once you actually made it worth it? Check check check.

What the actual fu** DE. Seriously.

This is the most &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp; thing I've seen in a game since ME3's ending, and that's saying something.

(I'm not saying it's as bad as ME3 ending, I don't think that's even possible)

Is this a job. Do I get paid? Who the hell is paying you? I need to find out about this crap because somebody owes me a paycheck. We aren't working for them. They are presenting a product to us in hopes that we will support them with micro purchases. Use something that relates to the situation please, I beg of you. Furthermore, you have no problem since you apparently were able to do it. Go into a thread that actually means something to you instead of coming in here to try and put people down for no reason at all as if we were actually supposed to rush this event as fast as possible no matter what in spite of real life. The timer said 6 days, it should have been 6 days despite wave completion, they didn't announce the mods until halfway through the weekend (sorry i'm not forum stalking, events should be as they are announced), when are you going to make sense, and this is quite simple and it should have stopped when they did it the first time. Saying that this is our fault under the premise that we should have noticed that the progress bars were close to completion is utterly ridiculous.Those progress bars are there to indicate how close we are to completing our goal so that we can unlock these new grineer settlements. If you are going to throw in surprise rewards 1/3 of the way through a 6 day event, and not state that this is a race then you should make time to accommodate those players who are planning based on the time allotted to do so, instead of rewarding only the spammers who are competing for the trophy and those who have excessive time to sit down and knock this out instantaneously.

None of this was to make up for the people being locked out of the event.

This was simply to explain that had they read and completely understood the event. They would of been able to make a choice. To make time for the event or hope that it isn't done in 3 days.

You reap what you sow. If you're going to procrastinate you might not get it done in time. If you quickly finish it up and still have days to spare there nothing for you to worry about.

Maybe you should read again? Cause you really don't make any sense.  You reap what you sow? Procrastinating even makes sense in this type of situation?  KuaFu is right quite honestly.  This event was handled very poorly and I expected much more having been with this game since the closed beta and seeing what these guys are capable of. In any case, I'm done.  I came here to express my dissatisfaction with how unprofessional and misleading this event was, and I did so. Some people see logic, and other don't.  Not like I can change that fact by arguing with you any further.  Think what you think, and I'll use reason.

To make this short.

........... How can you complete a event in 6 days if it doesn't last 6 days?

u already made a bad analogy kid.... just give it up! lol

Edited by Bunnii

To make this short.

This is the most common and dumbest defense in this entire converstaion. No offense to you Pie Boy, but the point is that EVERY SINGLE EVENT until now has not been "you have x days to complete it" it has indeed been "the event will last for x days".

If you're going to try and defend absolute sheer stupidity enveloped with the worst community communication possible by trying to use a grammar technicality, at least get your facts straight, lest your post come across as pure fanboyism or trolling.