Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Fear Joke

The_Basilisk

None of this was to make up for the people being locked out of the event.

This was simply to explain that had they read and completely understood the event. They would of been able to make a choice. To make time for the event or hope that it isn't done in 3 days.

You reap what you sow. If you're going to procrastinate you might not get it done in time. If you quickly finish it up and still have days to spare there nothing for you to worry about.

Still waiting to hear how this excuses the poor design of the events timing mechanism.

Unless you agree it was a poorly implemented event and that DE need to really step up their game and are just arguing semantics because you're an internet hero.

Just throwing this out there.

Arid Fear has/had a 6 Day timer - but not because DE thought it'd take that long.

I think it should come as no surprise it ended during the weekend. I believe the extra time was purely 'just in case'.

Say something went catastrophically amiss - like the scaling on the event bugged and the event broke for the better part of the weekend. That could have happened. Well - even if it had happened the event would have just gone into the week - no problem.

Just gonna throw this out there.

Every event up until now were all completed during the weekend.

If you though this event would of been any different because of the "6 days" then maybe you deserved it.

Edited by ThePieBoy

Just gonna throw this out there.

Every event up until now were all completed during the weekend.

If you though this event would of been any different because of the "6 days" then maybe you deserved it.

You continue to troll. it's really annoying. Either that, or you really just don't realize how everything you keep saying is 100% ironically incorrect.

Every event until now has been a set time. You had "x" amount of days to do it, and it lasted until the very end.

You are trying to justify why the event ended sooner than WHEN THE GAME SAID IT WOULD by saying "other times events were shorter"??

Do you even read what you type?

Ok so here's an example:

I open a lemonade stand and sell lemonade three Saturdays in a row. I always charge 1$ per cup.

Now on the fourth Saturday I open the lemonade stand and I hang a BIG &#! SIGN that says "50 CENTS ONE CUP".

You then order a cup and drink it. I charge you 1$.

Who do you think is more correct of the following two statements:

Customer: "the sign says one cup costs 50 cents"

Vendor: "What are you talking about, it's always cost 1$"

Seriously....I can't believe such a simple concept has to be explained....

You continue to troll. it's really annoying. Either that, or you really just don't realize how everything you keep saying is 100% ironically incorrect.

Every event until now has been a set time. You had "x" amount of days to do it, and it lasted until the very end.

You are trying to justify why the event ended sooner than WHEN THE GAME SAID IT WOULD by saying "other times events were shorter"??

Do you even read what you type?

Ok so here's an example:

I open a lemonade stand and sell lemonade three Saturdays in a row. I always charge 1$ per cup.

Now on the fourth Saturday I open the lemonade stand and I hang a BIG &#! SIGN that says "50 CENTS ONE CUP".

You then order a cup and drink it. I charge you 1$.

Who do you think is more correct of the following two statements:

Customer: "the sign says one cup costs 50 cents"

Vendor: "What are you talking about, it's always cost 1$"

Seriously....I can't believe such a simple concept has to be explained....

Did you even read the quote I had along with that event?

The reason we're having this argument and you're all bashing at me is because you take everything for granted. Play another game hosted by a greedy company and see if they care. The DE were generous enough to do this, or would you prefer that we go back to the old method of top 100 players getting rewards while everyone else from 101+ didn't get a thing.

I read your analogy and from my stand point it makes no sense. Saying something cost 50 cent and something you have 6 days to complete is completely different.

I keep making this point yet you don't read it.

"DE gave you 6 days to complete. NOT 6 days of event."

"Teacher gives you 6 days to complete the homework NOT 6 days of homework"

If you have any further complaint go here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94373-if-you-cant-play-the-video-game-dont-blame-the-video-game-an-arid-discussion/

Did you even read the quote I had along with that event?

The reason we're having this argument and you're all bashing at me is because you take everything for granted. Play another game hosted by a greedy company and see if they care. The DE were generous enough to do this, or would you prefer that we go back to the old method of top 100 players getting rewards while everyone else from 101+ didn't get a thing.

I read your analogy and from my stand point it makes no sense. Saying something cost 50 cent and something you have 6 days to complete is completely different.

I keep making this point yet you don't read it.

"DE gave you 6 days to complete. NOT 6 days of event."

"Teacher gives you 6 days to complete the homework NOT 6 days of homework"

If you have any further complaint go here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94373-if-you-cant-play-the-video-game-dont-blame-the-video-game-an-arid-discussion/

wow it's amazing, but you really don't get it. That's kind of scary. I really hope you don't have to execute any sort of complicated tasks or operate heavy machinery in real life.

Think what you will. I mean who can argue with your incoherent babble thoughts?

wow it's amazing, but you really don't get it. That's kind of scary. I really hope you don't have to execute any sort of complicated tasks or operate heavy machinery in real life.

Think what you will. I mean who can argue with your incoherent babble thoughts?

Just because we think differently you're going to judge me now. I'm actually not surprise there are people like you in this world.

Edit:

I don't get what? that you think just because it says 6 days you're obligated to have those 6 days of event even if it's completed before then?

Edited by ThePieBoy

"They answered. Now stop your crying, as it's doing nothing but wasting bandwidth."

Wrong, it's making sure the Devs know what the players want and expect from the game. The fact they see the problems and are going to work to fix it is all I want. Nothing more nothing less.

There is already a tiered pacing in this event (though bad choice on the key-party system, which disbands a team after every run).

1. The first one is weekend, and only unlocks the Grineer tileset (+later stages)

2. The second phase is the one with rewards when completed. we had 5 days to complete it.

3. The third phase is the "overtime", I think, for people who missed the completion of the 2nd phase. It does nothing extra but to give people a chase to "continue" after the 2nd phase is complete. Also works for people/clans competing.

And the event has a fixed goal and a progress bar, so it makes it unavoidable at some stage that it will End, via player actions (which I support. rather than end in 3 days. I'd like to feel that we the players, influence the event, rather than it is an "attraction open for X days", requiring no player input at all). Also, the rewards is a carrot/bonus, but not the goal. The main goal here is to try to advance the game experience (lore/gameplay etc). It is kind of clever actually, that the people who started to contribute in the phase one when the rewards are not announced yet, gets a good head-start. It's kinda like rewarding the players who actually try to play the game for the experience.

imo, other than the operating details, the tiered approach may not be the best, but is on the way of improvement.

And I think those people with RL not able to "complete" the mission should not drive themselves into an unhappy dead end. This is a game, it is prob not worth you RL i.e. even if you are "losing out" in the game, you aren't losing out in your Life.

(If you have the completist complex, you'll get used after you lose out a few more items to your collection).