Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Announcing Tiered Individual Event Rewards Late

AXCrusnik

The way the events are setup currently (allowing the player base's actions to determine when the event ends) on top of announcing the event's individual rewards late make for some pretty negative thoughts on my part, and I'm sure others.

Either give a set amount of time for players to earn the rewards or announce the rewards AT THE START OF THE EVENT so everyone knows, from the beginning, what they're getting into.

Nobody is going to like having participated whatever they feel is enough of their free time to unlock stuff for the community, then turn around to find, "oh HAI GUIS BTW THERES REWARDS NOW FIRST COME FIRST SERVE" halfway through the final steps of the event..

That's my 2 cents. Other players' thoughts on how the individual rewards were announced? Suggestions?

P.S. After finding the mods rewarded for Arid Fear will available to find in game at a later date I'd like to add that I think this current  system is fine for rewards that will be available to the general public at a later date. This should mostly be taken into consideration for event exclusive rewards. Thoughts pertaining to splitting information between threads and giving information in game and through lore still holds.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Also, something new happened, they changed the event rewards when it was already in progress. Me and my friends thought the event was done and focused on studying for tests this weekend. What a pleasant surprise when I saw the new rewards I had just lost. 3 days left? Yeah, right.

It was never like that. You had 3 phases to obtain 100 points. It was a small amount and shouldn't have taken long to achieve...

I read the event details when the OP patch released. The individual rewards were not announced until AT LEAST Arid Fear Escalation. Not the beginning, which it should have IMO.

Just had a thought, if rewards are to be announced after the start of the event they should be announced not only in the forums, but in game as well. Such as a notation in the lore section under Arid Fear's phase 1 completion screen...

Or possibly a Personal Event Progression bar showing your own progression throughout the individual event rewards and maybe a leaderboard placement for those who go beyond those..

Edited by AXCrusnik

I read the event details when the OP patch released. The individual rewards were not announced until AT LEAST Arid Fear Escalation. Not the beginning, which it should have IMO.

You could easily complete 100 points within 1 of the phases. You had at least 2 after discovering the mods being rewarded.

Don't procrastinate next time.

"It saddens me to report to the Board that my plan was a failure.  The Tenno are tenacious beyond expectations, they pursued our scouts and their information recklessly and without regard to their own safety.  They have also made off with several experimental modifications being transported aboard several of our ships.  However, I am pleased to report that the Tenno, driven blindly forward by their equally-blind leader, have denied this technology to many of their comrades by mindlessly racing through to our scouts and neglecting to explore the ships they were raiding.  Though our gamble has failed, this incident may yet spark internal rifts among the Tenno and cause them to question whether that blind $#*(@ has their best interests in heart after all, and perhaps we can exploit this peculiar tendency of the Tenno for our future operations."

- Arad V, report to the Corpus Board

Edited by Trylobyte

You could easily complete 100 points within 1 of the phases. You had at least 2 after discovering the mods being rewarded.

I'm so sorry I was at the hospital with my family instead of playing video games like a hermit. Truly I am. Next time I'll just tell my sweating shaking grandfather and panicked grandmother to take a taxi.

I'm just trying to make the events friendlier towards people who may or may not have time to get all the rewards (which makes announcing it late more frustrating on them), or don't visit the forums regularly (splitting up information means some info may get overlooked by some).

Announcing rewards at the beginning gives those with less time more chance to earn them, giving a set amount of reward earning time would also reduce complaints at the end of EVERY EVENT we've had and will have with the current system, and having all info in one place is just better than not.

So pull some constructive criticism out of that snarky &#! of yours or leave.

Edited by AXCrusnik

"It saddens me to report to the Board that my plan was a failure.  The Tenno are tenacious beyond expectations, they pursued our scouts and their information recklessly and without regard to their own safety.  They have also made off with several experimental modifications being transported aboard several of our ships.  However, I am pleased to report that the Tenno, driven blindly forward by their equally-blind leader, have denied this technology to many of their comrades by mindlessly racing through to our scouts and neglecting to explore the ships they were raiding.  Though our gamble has failed, this incident may yet spark internal rifts among the Tenno and cause them to question whether that blind $#*(@ has their best interests in heart after all, and perhaps we can exploit this peculiar tendency of the Tenno for our future operations."

- Arad V, report to the Corpus Board

Nice one. Actually chuckled irl.

you cant really expect people who have active lives jobs work kids to. drop what there doing a day after the event wich appears to have really one outcome wich is new content comes out, then a day latter go oh btw now there's a reward, as he said kids gotta study. even if im not butt hurt want my reward etc rage quit, Why is that? why am i mad Most because i think DE honestly thought that the new content would be incentive enough to do the event and so people barley did it.

Not everyone had the free weekend, and were planning to get the points required for mods in the coming days we still had (after all, we thought we had three days left)

Not everyone wanted to play 300 missions because their NAT is restricted when it shouldn't be, and their clanmates just aren't online/can't invite them.

There were PLENTY of flaws with this event, but IMO all of them were related to either existent bugs or the event finishing far earlier than expected.

EDIT: As far as announcing the rewards later rather than at start goes... I think they did an excellent job at making it plausible lore-wise. "We discovered we need to grab more scouts, but the ones we already grabbed told us there's new tech available. Go get it!"

Edited by TheGambler_BR

This event was poorly handled, but DE will have learned much. These topics, while negative, will help with problems that could have come up in the future. As long as things are obtainable at a later time as well, I see no problem with some missteps early in the game.

That having been said, I completely agree that in future events they should either not have any information on what the reward is or all the information when it is first announced. Having no information creates mystery, speculation, and causes people to be driven to learn what it is. Telling us everything allows people to budget their time and choose how hard to work for exactly what they want.

Telling us 1/2 the information removes the mystery and does not allow budgeting time, worst of both worlds.

Edited by liavalenth

EDIT: As far as announcing the rewards later rather than at start goes... I think they did an excellent job at making it plausible lore-wise. "We discovered we need to grab more scouts, but the ones we already grabbed told us there's new tech available. Go get it!"

This is the one thing I liked about them announcing the rewards late. It sounded amazing lore wise, was an interesting surprise, but could have been done much better. I think everything lore related (including emerging event details like this) NEEDS to be represented in game in some way, shape, or form.

Just announcing on the forums "the scouts are hiding more mod tech" isn't enough. Honestly I wouldn't mind if after you log in during an event Lotus pops up like she does after the initial Warframe Tutorial to give details on the event, or something like that. Would add some sweet immersion to the events, actually having Lotus give us orders outside of battle.

Edited by AXCrusnik

This event was poorly handled, but DE will have learned much. These topics, while negative, will help with problems that could have come up in the future. As long as things are obtainable at a later time as well, I see no problem with some missteps early in the game.

my biggest problem with games currently are restricted limited time content especially if were willing to pay for it at a premium

Placing this here as well as in my OP so it gets more views:

P.S. After finding the mods rewarded for Arid Fear will available to find in game at a later date I'd like to add that I think this current  system is fine for rewards that will be available to the general public at a later date. This should mostly be taken into consideration for event exclusive rewards. Thoughts pertaining to splitting information between threads and giving information in game and through lore still holds.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I was gone from Saturday morning, to Sunday night, and was busy Friday night. Looking at the event, it said there were at least 3 days left. I took care of real world stuff to be responsible, knowing that I'd have time tonight to participate in the even. Since it end, I have time to play, but not the inclination to do so because I feel like it was handled poorly.

I don't think we'll see eye to eye on this. You obviously had the time available and rushed through the event like most of the people competing for top spots. Doing this ended the event early and prevented players who didn't have time during the weekend their chance. I farmed some key components last night. I made some keys. I can't even use the keys now, and missed out on some rewards. You can either empathize or antagonize - it's boiling down to casual vs 'hardcore' again.

I think everything lore related (including emerging event details like this) NEEDS to be represented in game in some way, shape, or form.

I completely agree with this, but I want to point something out: Lore should never make Gameplay worse. Lore is there to improve, explain, and deepen the game. If the lore makes the game less fun, or does nothing but aggravate players, it should not be there. How this was done, while not bad in terms of lore, made me want to play the game less over the weekend. That is the opposite of what you want lore to do.

I have much the same opinion with Prime frames and weapons, but this is not the place for that.