Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are They Ever Going To Fix The Lag?

darkone96

I can't stand the lag every time I play with someone else. It really ruins the gameplay. Are there plans to upgrade the P2P connection to actual servers? P2P connection is a TERRIBLE idea. And no, it's my computer. I run the game perfectly smooth on singleplayer.

i'm playing from Brazil and i can play with little to no lag with North america players and some Europeans, heck i even played with someone from Australia today and the lag wasnt bad

Singleplayer runs smooth because you are the host, so of course its going to be smooth

i'm playing from Brazil and i can play with little to no lag with North america players and some Europeans, heck i even played with someone from Australia today and the lag wasnt bad

Singleplayer runs smooth because you are the host, so of course its going to be smooth

I only experience severe lag in this game. I'm pretty sure a lot of people get it too since they always point it out.

and if you are talking about the games you host for us in the states... Of course you aren't lagging you are hosting it. When I host for my friends they lag like hell because my net isn't the greatest but I'm still perfectly fine because I'm the host.

I've played with a few people in South America and Europe. It's like playing this game as a Jpg Choose your own adventure story.

and if you are talking about the games you host for us in the states... Of course you aren't lagging you are hosting it. When I host for my friends they lag like hell because my net isn't the greatest but I'm still perfectly fine because I'm the host.

I've played with a few people in South America and Europe. It's like playing this game as a Jpg Choose your own adventure story.

Yeah it really sucks. Too bad they'll never get actual servers.

i don't host games outside south america region(if i do its private or i'm soloing anyways), i'm not saying i don't get any lag at all, but it seems to be 150-250 ping? thats perfectly acceptable

on the topic of actual servers, id say p2p is cheaper which fits a company like DE more, plus p2p has one big advantage, if they had to buy servers, they sure wouldnt buy servers worldwide, they would buy them in North america, meaning that only players from NA would get good ping, p2p allows players from SA to get good ping when playing with others from the same region(same applies to others)

Edited by Paptimus

i don't host games outside south america region(if i do its private or i'm soloing anyways), i'm not saying i don't get any lag at all, but it seems to be 150-250 ping? thats perfectly acceptable

on the topic of actual servers, id say p2p is cheaper which fits a company like DE more, plus p2p has one big advantage, if they had to buy servers, they sure wouldnt buy servers worldwide, they would buy them in North america, meaning that only players from NA would get good ping, p2p allows players from SA to get good ping when playing with others from the same region(same applies to others)

Well then if they don't have the money for servers then they shouldn't have made this game. The lag is atrocious.

People need to set their ping limits, as well as set their region correctly.

Chances are if you get massive lag EVERY game regardless of host, one of two things are occurring:

1. Your region is set incorrectly

2. Your internet isn't that great