Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE - QoL - Sunrise nears... Lures disappear and ruin hunts before it even retreats

Valiant

Could we get this changed? It would be a great QoL alteration. The minute Onkko warns about sunrise nearing the lures disappear immediately. I've had a few hunts fail because of this or it's resulted in the eidolon's death instead and I doubt I'm the only one.

The lures should disappear when it's actually daytime and when the Eidolon's officially stop spawning and enter the water, not the literal second we're warned that sunrise is approaching. We're pretty much told it's make or break time but we aren't given that option as it's taken away from us.

Lures should remain much longer.

Edited by Valiant

Lures don't need to last longer. You're still given the opportunity to hunt the Eidolon during this retreating phase. Losing the lures and by extension the ability to capture the Eidolon is just a consequence of going into a hunt too close to dawn, or taking too long to take it down.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Lures don't need to last longer. You're still given the opportunity to hunt the Eidolon during this retreating phase. Losing the lures and by extension the ability to capture the Eidolon is just a consequence of going into a hunt too close to dawn, or taking too long to take it down.

Yes... They do.

Again, the lures should be lasting until it's actually SUNRISE and/or the Eidolon properly retreats or they stop spawning. It makes no sense that they disappear straight away, even when it's nearing sunrise. It isn't even at sunrise when the Eidolon's going, it's nearing. It shouldn't be happening and you feel as if you've been mugged off.

Once I had all the lures disappear while the Eidolon was on the floor trying to recover, so we're sitting there waiting for the final stage. Another we had it when it was literally being captured and they disappeared. Come on now. The first I can possibly understand but the second? That's simply down to waiting for the animation. If they disppeared

The 'consequence' should be at the correct time, which makes sense and falls in line with everything else. Not straight away. If they disappear when it's sunrise etc. I would totally understand and wouldn't have an issue. But the issue is also with how the message is - you've got time, get this done, but instead half of your effort is rewarded and it isn't even the time you're warned about.

Edit: What also makes it worse is that the lures keep the thing in place. Once they're gone and you destroy a synovia you essentially waste more time waiting for them to sink into the ground when you've got and then finding wherever they reappear. It's unnecessary.

Edited by Valiant

Perhaps then what we need is a clarification on whether 'sunrise' refers to a time period encompassing both twilight and dawn or just dawn itself, because I was of the belief that sunrise in the Plains included the brief period of twilight when the sun wasn't yet cresting the horizon.