Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving Squad During Eidelon Hunt

(XBOX)REDDE5TROYER

Hi, I'm salty.

Is there anything that can be done to discourage people from leaving during the tri cap eidelon hunt?  If they were to just abort or disconnected I'd be fine with that, but leaving squad during not only breaks continuity it also resets the ****** shields. When it's the host it takes even longer. Every mission I play lately is with the expectation that my team will for some reason leave. BTW, M24 using Rhino, Growing Power, 174% roar, Opticor Riven  Punc and Crit Damage, just in case you thought it might be a problem with gear or skill.

You do know radiation is far more effecktive against Eidolons?

Just yeah i know that feeling, but it could be worse:

Imagine they dont leave squad and just dont place their Shard for the second or third Eidolon and already extract instead of leaving squad so your team can at least TRY to take down the other ones.

Be thankfull that they ARE leaving, i often had the bad luck of people not even leaving and forced us to extract since we cant go on if just one person doesnt place his shard.

Yeah, i was just speaking about the riv. I know radiation is key just thought it was implied.Again, M24. i've got like 16k radiation 25k punc. base damage with like 5 or 6x multiplier. Capped the teralyst 100's of times solo, 2 shot joints. I didn't come here to debate skill or gear. 

Be thankful? 

I've had that experience also Riderr, they're both a warframe failure. You should be in a force sacrifice situation if you click a tri cap. BTW, I'd rather know it was a bad group within 5 or so minutes at the first sacrifice then get to the end, spend 20 or 30 minutes of wasted time and have nothing to show for it.

This is damn near the last thing I have to spam in this game, and the quit rate of these groups is the same reason I didn't do raids. In my opinion it's taking the fun out of grinding, and I find myself playing less and less.

Edited by (XB1)REDDE5TROYER

Instead of penalizing people for leaving a squad, they should try to understand the reasons why they are leaving. 

Could be that they feel the team is not good enough, or the opposite that they are not good enough themselves. Or maybe they just wanted to have a go a it and decided they didnt like it, or maybe they are trolling, or they just didnt like the team composition, or the way they were performing, or, and this is also possible something else came up IRL and had to leave. 

If you dont want people to leave try starting the game as the host, and if you cant because, lets face it, you can't control who the host is going to be, then you will have to learn to leave with it, this is not a problem specific to this mission, although it is very annoying I agree.

However, it should not be a problem if you are comfortable enough with the mechanics, in most cases you should still be able to finish the bounty. Specially if you, like you said, have a lot of experience and are well equipped. This is the reason why I mainly run Trinity when I do captures, so I can be self-dependent and if necessary, capture the 3 on my own. 

You cannot force people or penalize them for leaving early, despite being wrong or just rude, its something that you need to accept when going solo, dont expect them to adhere to this "code", what would happen when you have a real IRL issue and have to leave only to come back and realized that you have been penalized for doing so? Sure in some cases people leave because they are ignorant, or just simply selfish but this is not always the case. 

I hate to say this but if you find this annoying (I do as well) then either go solo or look for a team in recruitment, in all fairness, they can be soloed (although it is a bit of work) or 2 men easily. 

OR: Just change the way it is right now AGAIN

Like that it is not nessacary to have all 4 shards placed by the players. I mean why not beeing mean as well? Like with extraction... there is a countdown to extract if half of the team is already there for a reason...

Why not the same here? 3 People place a shard and there is a countdown, if it reaches 0 and you didnt placed your shard, it makes you leave the squad and adds a random member (or 2 members, maybe 3) that had a similar problem of 1 or 2 people (maybe 3) not placing their shards but one wanted to go on.

So that means, everyone not placing a shard would be able to just leave and extract (or stay in the plains solo or with the others not placing the shard), while the ones that placed them get matched up with others also not having enouth people that placed the shard.

Sounds complicated but is pretty simple if you think about it: -Place a shard, go on and get people joining you on that exact stage.

-Dont place it, you get your own plains session and can just leave or do whatever in the plains then

12 minutes ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

OR: Just change the way it is right now AGAIN

Like that it is not nessacary to have all 4 shards placed by the players. I mean why not beeing mean as well? Like with extraction... there is a countdown to extract if half of the team is already there for a reason...

Why not the same here? 3 People place a shard and there is a countdown, if it reaches 0 and you didnt placed your shard, it makes you leave the squad and adds a random member (or 2 members, maybe 3) that had a similar problem of 1 or 2 people (maybe 3) not placing their shards but one wanted to go on.

So that means, everyone not placing a shard would be able to just leave and extract (or stay in the plains solo or with the others not placing the shard), while the ones that placed them get matched up with others also not having enouth people that placed the shard.

Sounds complicated but is pretty simple if you think about it: -Place a shard, go on and get people joining you on that exact stage.

-Dont place it, you get your own plains session and can just leave or do whatever in the plains then

Is not that simple, you will need to have a separate queue for all stages and randomly assign players and time them correctly as well, with this I mean, lets say we are 4 and 1 of us decides not to put the shard, so he leaves (and if he happens to be the hosts you will have a host migration) and someone else joins? how, where is that person coming from? another team of which 3 decided not to put the shard in? You see what I mean, is not simple at all and it will not work unless you separate the 3 fights, but then this will mean slower fights and less time to kill the eidolons, also, putting a timer is not necessary a good thing, I might go quickly and put the shard in while others are getting some lures, but putting a timer puts pressure on these players. 

The 4 shard thing is not working thats for sure, specially with pubs but putting timers and swapping players is worse, I have read better solutions but then again, you are playing with randoms, and they are entitled to leave whenever they feel like it, unfortunately while this is annoying, it is the way it is..

Still cant stay like it is now thats for sure. It was just a fast idea like most i write down in this forum, sometimes created in the same speed i write them down.

Yet, im sure it could go down this road, doesnt nessecarily need to be exactly like my idea, but it could go into that direction.

Could also be done like with the sortie, they split them up into 3 different missions (there is already still the single Teralyst mission) and you can only enter the other 3 missions if you already finished the first Teralyst mission to unlock the second, same with third beeing unlocked by the second. Works with sorties, maybe something similar can be done here

31 minutes ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

Still cant stay like it is now thats for sure. It was just a fast idea like most i write down in this forum, sometimes created in the same speed i write them down.

Yet, im sure it could go down this road, doesnt nessecarily need to be exactly like my idea, but it could go into that direction.

Could also be done like with the sortie, they split them up into 3 different missions (there is already still the single Teralyst mission) and you can only enter the other 3 missions if you already finished the first Teralyst mission to unlock the second, same with third beeing unlocked by the second. Works with sorties, maybe something similar can be done here

Yes splitting teams like in sorties will work sometimes but it will affect people who are trying to do this quickly since it will means getting new lures every tine, charging them, going back to orbit and back into the plains, etc. It would make the event much slower. Also remember in sorties people leave a lot and when the host leaves, in most cases the entire team is split up, so you could be playing with a decent team, one player leaves (who happens to be the host) and you end up paired up with a bad team, or you could end up with a team with no experience and with no support/healing frame, then you are likely gonna fail, so then people will complaint about why are they splitting up teams etc, and the only solution would be to run a healing/support frame always (or in most cases) to avoid being put in a team without one (I am not saying that you cannot complete it without a trinity or oberon, I am saying that, for the average joe, it would be hard to do it without one). There is also the fact that when you go to orbit you will get all your revives back which would make the event even easier. 

The solution cannot be to split the teams, the main problem I see with people using brilliant shards to activate the next eidolon and then having one person not putting his/her either because he is not aware or because he is trolling is that they lose their shard, I believe they have already implemented a system to cater for this which is a nice thing to see, but trying to fix those players who just wonder around and are clueless about the mechanics or are not skilled/familiar enough with the strategies is just not going to be possible, to avoid that you are better off recruiting a team.

And yet its still better then you need to start another bounty, capping 2 Eidolons again to finally with even less time then before cap the third Eidolon. Its the easiest solution, there are better ones, but i would honestly prefer collecting lures again and charge them up instead of redoing all of this again so i got even less time to cap the third one

Good its not up to us but its up to DE to decide this. Im sure they will find a better way then we can.

For now, you are right about its better recruiting a good team for this instead of going in with randomers, lets hope it wont be that nessacary anymore in the future