Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Iris, the Iridescent

FrostyNovaPrime

I've always wondered what a Warframe centered around bubbles would be like. As a result, I created Iris; a delicate Warframe who creates beautiful bubbles that prove deadly for enemies enamored by their iridescent appearance. The fate of those bubbles, and anyone unfortunate enough to be trapped inside of them, is solely in the hands of Iris, the Iridescent.

Feedback is greatly appreciated as I continue to develop her more.

Name: Iris

Health: 75 (225 at level 30)

Shields: 150 (450 at level 30)

Energy: 150 (225 at level 30)

Armor: 10

Passive: Iridescence - Iris has 4 energy colors. Active bubbles have a 50% chance to swap between the selected colors every 5 seconds. If an enemy is within 7 meters of a bubble when the color changes, they are charmed towards the bubble. Alternatively, allies within the range receive a 25% boost to power strength for 15 seconds. This power boost cannot be refreshed until the timer on the current buff runs out.

Ability 1: Bubble - 25 energy

Iris deploys a 2 (+ range) meter wide bubble to a target location for 10/15/25 (+ duration) seconds. An enemy that passes through the bubble or charmed by Iridescence will be trapped inside the bubble, rendering them immobile. Allies that pass through are given a small barrier that blocks 75 damage, stacking up to 3 times for a maximum of 225 damage. When unoccupied bubbles or bubbles with enemies have their timers run out, the bubble bursts to deal 60/75/90 (+ strength) damage in an area double the bubble's size. The bubble can be shot in order to rupture prematurely.

• Only 1 enemy or ally can occupy a single bubble
  • Bubbles attached to allies cannot change colors
    • Barriers can be refreshed by passing through more bubbles, but the health cannot go above 225 damage
    • Bubbles will not stick unless barrier health is below the cap
  • Bubbles containing an enemy cannot charm, but may still grant the power buff

Augment: Bubbles can hold more than one enemy, but limits the number of bubbles Iris can deploy to 10.

Ability 2: Fizzle - 15 energy to cast, 10 energy/second drain

When toggled, bubbles with enemies deal 30/40/50 (+ 1/4 bonus strength) corrosive damage to their prisoners. Unoccupied bubbles instead split to form an additional bubble for every 10 seconds the ability is active.

• Bubbles serving as ally barriers are not affected
  • Cannot proc status effects
  • Energy drain is affected by both duration and efficiency

Augment: The damage type is now determined by mixing Iris's first and second energy colors

Ability 3: Foam - 50 energy

Iris commands all active bubbles to converge on a single area, moving any enemies trapped inside and creating a mass of Foam. Empty bubbles that pass by an enemy as they converge will trap them. Ally barriers are unaffected.

Augment: Once converged, all trapped enemies have their armor reduced by 70% (+ strength)

Ability 4: Burst - 100 energy

With the snap of her fingers, all bubbles and barriers pop to deal 400/500/600 (+ strength) damage in a 10/15/20 (+ range) meter area. If bubbles were made into Foam, the area of the burst is increased to a single 20/25/30 (+ range) meter area.

• Individual bubbles not made into Foam can have their burst areas can do extra damage within overlapping Burst radii

Augment: Popped bubbles leave behind residue on the floor, slowing enemies and granting movement speed to allies.

4 hours ago, safitorius said:

Dude! Are you real? You took my idea and made it yours? 

I've been working on this concept for a few weeks now and I had never seen your concept before until you replied. I'm sorry she uses the same theme of bubbles like yours.

If you need further proof, I can provide my google doc I made back in March when I started to develop her.

8 часов назад, Valkyriie22 сказал:

I've been working on this concept for a few weeks now and I had never seen your concept before until you replied. I'm sorry she uses the same theme of bubbles like yours.

If you need further proof, I can provide my google doc I made back in March when I started to develop her.

It's okay! Any evidence is not necessary, especially they are similar only in 1st skill and the topic bubbles. But it's a little surprising that people on different sides of the planet think almost the same way :) Maybe we should unite for a complete refinement of the concept. Can my model match your concept? Or do you have another vision for your warframes concept?

19 hours ago, safitorius said:

It's okay! Any evidence is not necessary, especially they are similar only in 1st skill and the topic bubbles. But it's a little surprising that people on different sides of the planet think almost the same way :) Maybe we should unite for a complete refinement of the concept. Can my model match your concept? Or do you have another vision for your warframes concept?

Thank you for the offer, but I have another vision for my concept's design that's much different from Meryl.