Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Issue With Drops 2.0...

Xylia

So, DE_Steve has said that drops are now by enemy type, rather than faction and he said that higher level enemies have more chance of dropping a rarer mod, but each enemy type has a list of mods they CAN drop, and its a much smaller list.

Fair enough, you want X mod you kill Y enemy until it drops.

Well, I finally found Redirection and confirmed where it came from.

Where did it come from?

A Shield Lancer on Titania.

Further testing is needed to see if Shield Lancers on Earth will also drop Redirection, but this explains why it took me so farking long to find a Redirection -- Shield Lancers are not the most common enemy around. You see about 1-2 per room unless you get exceedingly (un)lucky.

Let's theorize for a moment that my suspicions are correct and that Shield Lancers really are supposed to drop Redirection. Let's say I'm a Newbie who needs Redirection. Let's say there's a UI in-game that tells you that Shield Lancers drop Redirection (a newbie would need to know that they need Redirection, too).

Well, I'd have to...

1). Wait until Shield Lancers start spawning in missions (the earliest of which I know of, is Tolstoj (Not sure about Apollodorus). If not Tolstoj (because it is a boss mission), and if Apollodorus don't have Shield Lancers (I don't remember if it does or not), that means going to E Prime on Earth, which means going through a good chunk of Venus first.

2). When I DO find a mission that has Shield Lancers, I have to get through a triple RNG Gate:

a). I have to find a Shield Lancer.

b). He has to drop a mod (1-in-20 or so chance)

c). That mod has to be Redirection.

This explains why it took me this long to actually FIND a Redirection.

Pre-9.5, getting a Redirection basically meant this:

1). Go find an Infested level, any Infested Level.

2). Kill *bleeeep* until a Redirection drops.

There's only two RNG there -- a Mod must drop, and it must be Redirection. And Infested are a lot more common than Shield Lancers.

Now, if Redirection had been given to regular Lancers (surely I would have seen one a long time ago if this had been the case?), this wouldn't have been a problem, because those are everywhere.

So... basically, my point is...

Please don't give ridiculously important mods to rare enemy types. I know that on paper it makes sense that a Shield Lancer would drop Redirection (IMO, Corpus should drop it because they're the guys with the shield-emitting robots; Grineer should be dropping Steel Fiber if anything), but in practicality.... Newbies need Redirection ASAP and making them fight a fairly rare mobtype until Redirection drops could take hours upon hours of farming Tolstoj/Apollodorus/E Prime.

I completely agree but you don't know that the mod is only on the Shield Lancer drop table?  I would have thought it would be on the drop table of, say, 10 different units but might have different chances to drop from difference units.

All grineer drop redirection o=o

Just finished with a few phobos missions, got alot of redirection from there

Really? I've done quite a few grineer missions, and the only thing I've seen a Redirection come from, is a Shield Lancer and he did say "Enemy Types".

And I've... killed quite a few grineer since 9.5.

Hmmm.

I wonder why the heck it is not dropping very often then, it is supposed to be a Common Mod.

Mods will have to drop from more than one enemy type as in order to create unique loot tables that don't overlap there would either have to be 10 times as many mods or drops tables consisting of one or two mods.

It is of course possible that you've either been unlucky or have experienced a bug.