Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SUGGESTION]Material Recovery

UnderYourBed

With the crafting system as an integral part of the game, the ability to dismantle and recover crafting material would be quite welcome. Not would it only make gathering materials faster (and thus less frustrating), it would also help with the Inventory Space-Ranking issue. You can just dismantle a weapon when you're done with it and use the recovered materials for your next build.

As for quanities, maybe a set percentage depending on the materials' rarity, like say, 50-40-30 for common-uncommon-rare resources. As for Orokins, it could a be choice between dismantling the weapon (lorewise, 'dismantling' a Warframe doesn't sound like it would fly) and recovering the materials or recovering the Catalyst and losing the weapon.

tld;dr: dismantle system please

That is a brilliant suggestion! Much like salvaging in Guild Wars 2. Maybe they could even introduce some sort of a purchasable kit {with credits, not plat} to help dismantle our stuff. +1

Maybe we could use it on mods and trivial stuff as well to get the common materials.

Edited by CapricaSix

It's not a bad idea generally, but Devs would have to be careful in the implementation of this idea so as to not make obtaining materials TOO easy. If I could buy a weapon from the market for 25k and dismantle it for 50 rubedo, then I'd never farm Earth/Pluto ever again.

Also, the issue of catalyst recycling has been discussed in the context of many scenarios and seems to generally not be what DE wants to do, at least for now.

• 3 months later...

Thought of the same idea and hoped it will get implemented - not yet though. I won't be starting a new topic, because of this anyways since you arleady have one...

Now it has become an even better idea with the introduction of the Dojo. I feel it would be the best to do it this way:

- You cannot salvage sole Orokin Reactors or Catalysts, but you can salvage anything (or dismantle, that sounds nice and not like one of the resources) so even stuff with these inside

- A number between 20 and 40 is generated, you get back all resources by this number.

- For those resources that are not that numerous (1 orokin cell for example) you get a 20 percent chance for every used part to get that back (accumulating perhaps, but if you used 10 orokin cells, it would be nice if you can get back 2 by a good chance).

- You can dismantle certain parts (like completed warframe systems, or that few dozen useless Latron Prime stocks and Reaper handles) for not so random resources - of course that would mean you have to create a containment list for those stuff too though.

- You can dismantle mods even - in case of small mods it's impractical to use 'em in fusion while they give no money whatsoever even if you sell 100 of them. Again, that means you have to make a containment list for those too or make the procedure give random resources (latter is not exactly a welcome idea both logically and emotionall - people like to know what they do/will get).

- You can dismantle health and ammo packs so people would stop complaining - I have quite some ammo, even shotgun, though I have never used a shotgun - and even less ammo packs.

You can tweak the numbers but at least 10+ percentage is required so it's worth it. Now that you can buy only a few weapons and stuff the economy and balance would be safe even with this implemented - this way every reward you get can be useful in more than one way. And you can save the players from the flood of Latron Prime stocks and Reaper handles.

Edited by K_Shiro