Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Faster The Better

TheOnlyWarBear

Question

13 answers to this question

practically, I find speed trigger enough. Fast hand doesn't seem to be worth while as a replacement for a slot for damage mod (remember that if your arrow don't do enough damage, you need MORE arrows, which doesn't really make the slight increment in reload speed worthwhile)

And if you really want a really fast weapon, don't use bow. Bows are for fun (I consider silent runs as it is now "for fun"). I find them too inefficient esp for missions with hordes of high-level enemies.

I don't follow your logic, to be honest. I also use mine just for fun on low/mid level missions. T3 void (not defence!) missions at the highest. In these, since you're one-shotting everything, I find the extra reload speed worthwhile.

I suppose our advice to OP should just be to experiment :)

I don't follow your logic, to be honest. I also use mine just for fun on low/mid level missions. T3 void (not defence!) missions at the highest. In these, since you're one-shotting everything, I find the extra reload speed worthwhile.

I suppose our advice to OP should just be to experiment :)

There is really no right or wrong. The difference is just the range of enemy levels. With an extra damage mod, the usefulness of the bow can be extended to higher level enemies in a non-horde (which mostly means non-defense) mission. If restricted to lower level, I guess more of the damage mods can be exchanged for utility stuff.

So I agree it ultimately falls down to personal preference. I personally prefer a wider enemy level range, which is why I find reload not significant (comparing charge time to reload time), esp when charged shots are used more. But for lower level where non-charged shots are spammed, I agree reload will have a higher impact, since reload time will become more significant compared to the shooting time.