Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders incentive

Spoonie

Hi, loving the game so far and I've been looking at the founders packs but find it really hard to commit to the Grand Master (which appears to be best value) without some sort of timeline etc. I really don't know whats coming up and what to expect in the future. Obviously, I want this game to be successful and want to support it - as I hope more people will, But some sort of insight into what the future plans are?

cheers

Well, I want to know some plans of the future of Warframe but just the developers know that, if community seems to support the game they will work harder than the high level that they used to demostrate so try to be a Founder and they will answer you whit big lovely patchs in the future :), we have no idea about what is coming in near future.

Here's my prediction. ;)

Warframe will expand it's catalogue of 'Frames and equipment, add more tilesets (calling "Infested Mothership", "Shipyard" and "Derelict Groundbase" right now), will expand their mission catalogue and eventually introduce a horde mode. Subsequently, there will be large group combat, where groups of 8 go on a mission. Those will be rare, but cool. Potentially, a new faction, but I won't bet on that. Definately more enemies. We will also, probably, see ceiling/wall crawling Infested, rocket MOAs, sniper Grineer and we will eventually also get tiered/staged bossfights.

The cash shop will be leveled out. Omni Ammo will go the way of the dodo, feet/back modules/shoulders/gloves/chests will become customizable parts. You will be able to purchase particle effects, the colour palette will be expanded, the pool of weapon models will become larger, the weapons will all receive individual upgrade trees, the skill tree for warframes will be reworked again, matchmaking, chatting, contacts will be improved.

And so on.

That's a shallow way of looking at it. If you don't support them, they have less resources to make a game you want to support. The Founder packs are all optional to show your financial support for the game. Nothing is insisting or requiring you buy any of them at all - if you want to support the game, knowing it may go the way you want, it may die out, or it may go in a totally different direction, then you bite the bullet, shell out the cash, and hope for the best. If you are too concerned about what's going to happen, then just play the game for free like the rest, and enjoy it while you can. Don't look at it for what you're going to get out of it or like its a business investment - you have to decide if you want to support the game or not.

The future of the game is uncertain, it really does come down to howmuch support DE receives from the players. When I was looking at the founder's packs, I was in a similiar spot, on one hand you don't want to invest into something that might die off quickly, but on the other if you sit idle by the side then, you can be sure it will die. If too many people take that apporach. So I decided I want to help the game along but what brought me into it was seeing how DE is frequently on the fourms chatting with the communtiy here. They actually listen to us, DE has made significant changes to their game based on our feedback. So I saw a company that has some great ideas, is also willing to take feedback from outside of their camp, and they have a really solid game right now to work with. So, I decided to support that to see how far this can go.

I think ultimately this will end up like a TPS version of a Diablo game. I've spent years on that series, and I think a dungeon crawler/loot game based in space with a "ninja" theme is a breathe of fresh air from all the dragon fantasy stuff around.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I would normally just just in an buy founders packs or equivilant to games that I like etc, but usually they aren't as much as the GM. Yes I could buy the cheaper one and upgrade, but thats not my style :P I guess I'll mull it over and probably end up getting it anyway :P I love the art style of the frames, I just can't wait for more varied eniroments and possibly more open ones too?? I can definitely see a huge potential in this game and it's comforting to hear the dev's listen to and value their customers.

cheers again.