Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick To Death Of Rushers - Can We Have A Kick Or Block Function Please?

PeaceOfMind

Go faster then. I don't see the problem. If you want experience, go to a mobile defence mission, however the majority of players doing assassination missions are there for the materials and blueprints. As has been stated before, go solo or find a group to play with that plays at the same (slow) pace that you do. Due to the fast nature of matches, I don't see a kick function being needed, however a block function may be useful when you are hosting a game.

"I am more interested in exploring maps, collecting materials and killing all of the enemies for max XP.  It is not always possible to do this solo and to be honest I really enjoy the co-op aspect of Warframe."

Yes, exploring maps composed of the same seven or eight tiles is surely a rewarding experience. Personally, I'm overwhelmed with joy when I see the same rooms in a slightly different arrangement.

Oh, wait, no I'm not, I'm too busy going fast.

"I don't want to play with rushers plain and simple and as it stands I can see no way of preventing or avoiding these players."

You can set things to private and put up your 'Slow Children at Play' sign. Bring some friends. If you want to take a half hour to kill a boss for some nano spores, that's your perogative. The rest of us will be rolling in our piles of Orokin Cells from two-minute-or-less boss runs, helicoptering through levels like the space ninjas we were meant to be.

FAST DON'T LIE.

Warframe is NOTHING but grind at the moment.
The most efficient way to grind right now is to min-max, as the rest of the game grows stale. Yet I'm still trapped here, grinding. Endlessly, for some reason.

If you want XP and Common/Uncommon Materials, you play Mobile Defense or Raid Missions (materials).
If you want Void Keys, you do Defense up to wave 5, quit, then do it again. Wave 5 is quick to reach, and you have about a 30% chance of a void key I think.
If you want to progress though the world map, you rush though missions as to unlock them quicker. There's simply nothing that warrants you to take more time than you should as the maps all have identical tiles, just in slightly different arrangements.
If you want Rare Materials and Systems/Chassis/Helmets, you play Assassination missions. Get to the boss as quick as you can, kill it as quick as you can, then leave as quick as you can. The bosses aren't even guaranteed to drop the rare material in the first place, so why you want to spend even LONGER is beyond me.

I seriously hope you don't expect people to wait an extra 10 minutes for you while you aimlessly wander around the same tiles yet and yet again because "OMG RUSHERS SUCK WHY CAN'T THEY WAIT FOR ME AS I TAKE AN EXTRA 30 SECONDS TO KILL THIS LANCER/CHARGER/CREWMAN".

Go fast or learn to go fast. Don't expect random players to care about things they didn't come to the mission to do.

Also: "Rushing is generally looked down upon by forum goers"?
Quit pulling stuff out your &#!.

(personally I mainly play Solo as 90% of the community outside of my Clan are ASTOUNDINGLY stupid and it's significantly more efficient to just solo bosses and such)

Edited by Duralumin

Do you see threads about rushers complaining about people who go slow?

Why would you?  Griefer's don't complain about the targets they grief.

If Rusher's just wanted to rush, they'd play solo.  They don't, because they want to ruin the experience for the people who don't rush.  These are the same people who will wait until just before you get on an elevator to activate it and make you wait, or shoot out a window from another room to slow you down.  They'll ignore all the enemies on the way to the boss, kill it early so no one else gets loot, then quit when they don't get the loot they want.

If Friendly Fire was possibly, they'd down everyone else at spawn before going off just to burn your revives. 

No pity for rusher's in online games.  

Generally No, Rushers aren't looked down upon because Rushing was originally started in the early stages as another sort of "Grind" for Credits, many people would Rush run Sabotage or Capture missions for the Credit Reward until Void was released and Credits became abundant.  And honestly, if you're looting or farming, do it with a friend or solo. Missions types like Sabotage, Capture, Rescue etc are practically built for Rushing and we all know it. It's a straight path to the objective and a Straight path back. Mission types like Spy are okay to kill the enemys as at times you have to because of the 4 points you have to reach and cover, but it's still Rushable. The only mission types were rushing isn't exactly possible is Endless Defense and Mobile Defense.

What I'm getting at is, I think DE knew from the Start rushing would happen and they didn't bother trying to remake every game mode, you can play as a looter yeah, you can player as a rusher sure. They catered to all types of gameplay styles, so play the way you want. Just don't complain about it so much there are way to many threads up on "Rushers ruin the game" and blah-blah-blah. We don't ruin the game, we generally don't want to spend 30 minutes in a Capture mission, why would we? That 30 minutes could be spent doing an Endless Defense to wave 15 or something and having a much higher end reward then killing and looting everything we see in a Capture mission.

Scott has actively stated in the livestreams that they don't like the rushing through the content and ignoring 99% of it.  You're just wrong.

Warframe is NOTHING but grind at the moment.

The most efficient way to grind right now is to min-max, as the rest of the game grows stale. Yet I'm still trapped here, grinding. Endlessly, for some reason.

If you want XP and Common/Uncommon Materials, you play Mobile Defense or Raid Missions (materials).

If you want Void Keys, you do Defense up to wave 5, quit, then do it again. Wave 5 is quick to reach, and you have about a 30% chance of a void key I think.

If you want to progress though the world map, you rush though missions as to unlock them quicker. There's simply nothing that warrants you to take more time than you should as the maps all have identical tiles, just in slightly different arrangements.

If you want Rare Materials and Systems/Chassis/Helmets, you play Assassination missions. Get to the boss as quick as you can, kill it as quick as you can, then leave as quick as you can. The bosses aren't even guaranteed to drop the rare material in the first place, so why you want to spend even LONGER is beyond me.

I seriously hope you don't expect people to wait an extra 10 minutes for you while you aimlessly wander around the same tiles yet and yet again because "OMG RUSHERS SUCK WHY CAN'T THEY WAIT FOR ME AS I TAKE AN EXTRA 30 SECONDS TO KILL THIS LANCER/CHARGER/CREWMAN".

Go fast or learn to go fast. Don't expect random players to care about things they didn't come to the mission to do.

Also: "Rushing is generally looked down upon by forum goers"?

Quit pulling stuff out your &#!.

(personally I mainly play Solo as 90% of the community outside of my Clan are ASTOUNDINGLY stupid and it's significantly more efficient to just solo bosses and such)

I completely agree with this.

Right now rushing is just the most effective way to play the game, and if people are going to take their sweet time ,then they're just hindering the grinding of other players.

I mean, come on. The goals of missions are to complete the objectives, rushers try to do that as fast as possible, where as snails try to hold everyone back and slow down the completion of the mission. The slow players might as well play solo so they aren't being a nuisance to other players.(or they could find a like-minded group so they don't /ruin/ public matches)

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

Right now rushing is just the most effective way to play the game, and if people are going to take their sweet time ,then they're just hindering the grinding of other players.

I mean, come on. The goals of missions are to complete the objectives, rushers try to do that as fast as possible, where as snails try to hold everyone back and slow down the completion of the mission. The slow players might as well play solo so they aren't being a nuisance to other players. 

I think the real problem isn't "rushers" but the very thin mission design.  While they were very creative with the tilesets and how they are randomized, the mission plots have nothing to them.  Point A to point B and GTFO.  The rest is trivial.

This is why we rush.  If i'm going through a mission for a particular material, i'm going to get to it as quickly as possible so I can move on to my next task.

Grinding can be fun.  I enjoy grinding mats for new weapons and building them.  That's cool.

Grinding mods isn't fun, but only because there is little to no choice in your loadout.  You *must* grind damage mods.  This is why I wish they'd level out the scaling a bit, fix the AI to increase actual challenge, and make this game a lot more fun in the process.

I mean, come on. The goals of missions are to complete the objectives, rushers try to do that as fast as possible, where as snails try to hold everyone back and slow down the completion of the mission. The slow players might as well play solo so they aren't being a nuisance to other players.(or they could find a like-minded group so they don't /ruin/ public matches)

Then play solo.  You can rush just as well, the boss is still there, the drops aren't any better in a group, so there is NO excuse other than to grief non-rushing players.

And as someone who collects materials, rushing is not the most effective way to play.  There's a reason you *@##$ and moan about a lack of plastics or rubedo while I don't.  It's because I go along collecting them while I clear the map.  I don't kill every enemy or bust every container, but I don't skip all the material either just to get to the boss as fast as possible.

Rushing is the most efficient way to get BP.  If you want credits/materials/mods, it's the least efficient way.

Using a function like L4D would be nice.In L4D you are literally surrounded by countless zombies and you must stay together to fend them off if you rush alone without anyone to guard you,you will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of zombies coming at you :)

Rushing is the most efficient way to get BP.  If you want credits/materials/mods, it's the least efficient way.

Pretty much this. If you rush, it had better be because you are farming for Orokin Cells or another rare resource, because you certainly aren't going to come out ahead by rushing in most other circumstances.

Edited by Kielix7

Using a function like L4D would be nice.In L4D you are literally surrounded by countless zombies and you must stay together to fend them off if you rush alone without anyone to guard you,you will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of zombies coming at you :)

If DE got a bit creative they could bottleneck players and make it fun/challenging.

Such as a shield phalanx from the Grineer shield units.  Or a Corpus Mech that deploys barrier fields.  Just shooting from the hip here.

Then play solo.  You can rush just as well, the boss is still there, the drops aren't any better in a group, so there is NO excuse other than to grief non-rushing players.

And as someone who collects materials, rushing is not the most effective way to play.  There's a reason you $#*(@ and moan about a lack of plastics or rubedo while I don't.  It's because I go along collecting them while I clear the map.  I don't kill every enemy or bust every container, but I don't skip all the material either just to get to the boss as fast as possible.

But why do snails have to grief and slow down players that want to complete the mission or farm materials? 

Collecting non-rare materials and mods is more effective in Defense/Mobile Defense missions which are unable to be rushed, so there is no reason to not rush missions which can be rushed.

The slow players are just making it harder for everyone else. If they have a play-style that hinders 3 other players, they should be the ones playing solo.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

But why do snails have to grief and slow down players that want to complete the mission or farm materials? 

Collecting non-rare materials and mods is more effective in Defense/Mobile Defense missions which are unable to be rushed, so there is no reason to not rush missions which can be rushed.

The slow players are just making it harder for everyone else. If they have a play-style that hinders 3 other players, they should be the ones playing solo.

Agreed.  Maybe they're not aware of the sheer amount of common resources you can get from Defense.

I think I got like 1500 or some odd resource doing a defense alert yesterday.  Yet taking your time in a standard mission might net you 150 of the same resource.  The same applies to credits.  Just blow through the mission and get 3000 credits as opposed to the extra 200-300 you might get from chests.

Until there is a chance for mods to drop from chests, the slow loot picking isn't worth it.

Scott has actively stated in the livestreams that they don't like the rushing through the content and ignoring 99% of it.  You're just wrong.

I'm not a proponent of rushing missions.  However, this statement has two different flavors of foolishness in it.  First, no one is entitled to control how other players play, provided they are not behaving in a manner that violates the EULA.  Second, I don't care what the game developer envisions for how I'll choose to use his product.  I'll play the game any damn way I want....provided I so in a manner that doesn't violate the EULA.

I can imagine the developers don't want people to rush.  They spent a lot of time on this game, lovingly crafting the areas, gameplay, etc.

However, there is nothing to discourage this form of gameplay.  Quite the opposite actually.

The only challenge that exists in this game is "Grinding".  Players will always accept the challenge and work to complete said challenge.

Well, how do you complete grinds?  You grind it!  And players want to get through grinds as fast as possible.  So we blaze through their content.  Their response to this was to jack up enemy health and armor as a sense of progression.  So we have to grind damage mods...

All of this could probably be avoided with better AI, diverse units, and mission structure that wasn't so thin.  Challenge us in a different way (like with actual difficulty).

Make newer enemies that do much more damage, make us evade and parkour to survive.  Make our shots have to be accurate and lethal.  Make us think. (oh and get rid of Grineer hitscan, personal preference).

When it comes to farming for blueprints for Warframe parts, I can understand the rushing. You have to run the same mission a plethora of times and, after awhile, mods and resources be damned in lieu of getting that one last part; at least that seems to be the general consensus. But... what irks me is when you run normal missions and people are flying through there like their asses are on fire; Volt's spamming their speed at whim and others are just literally flinging themselves through it.

What I find funny, is that the main defense is, "But I'm GRINDING, man!" Did you ever stop to consider that if you'd take a little bit of time to open containers and lockers, you may not need to grind and farm so much? I opened a container, on the way to fight the boss for an Orokin cell. Guess what popped out and fell right on my head? Yup... Orokin cell. So I got two for my extra two seconds of "trouble."

Now I'm not advocating that every mission should take 30 minutes with excruciating attention to every single locker and/or container, but if you slowed down just a little, you will probably find that you don't need to farm as much. I know I only need to farm for the occasional control module and orokin cell, so the game seems a lot less grindy to me than it does to others. Specific mods is where my sticking point is.

Moreover, these "rushers" are the same people complaining about being bored. We were given an entire new system and 12 hours later, people were already complaining because they burned through it. You've got no one to blame but yourselves. I joined randoms for the first planet and was forced to run through that mission so fast I missed 80% of the new content. Finally, a friend of mine logged on out of sympathy to run it with me so we could explore a little bit. Sure I could have run it by myself, but when there is no one there to share the enjoyment of a secret room or a particular find, I don't find that fun at all. And as a graphic designer, I can say with certainty that what you take for granted in a blur, is hours and hours of work.

The "rushers" are always fond of flaming the explorers and telling them to run solo, but if you're going to just blast through enemies, run for your life without any care about your fellow teammates' wellbeing or situation, then why don't YOU run solo? Rushing ahead of everyone is not team play. It's not co-op. It's pure selfishness guided by your personal desire to get X and Y while some of your teammates may need resources and/or mods as well.

At the end of the day, it's not about who is right or wrong, it's about different play styles. I would give anything if DE would make two modes you could toggle before running a mission. That way, if you're going after a blueprint and decide to ignore the loot, you have that option. However, if you want to run a mission a bit slower, explore and get the loot, you could.

slowpokes are so annoying can't stand them when we as a group are rushing or the timer goes down (ship integrity) and they still try to check every box and kill every single mob (lost a mission that way already)

so yeah shame on you for pissing rushers off