Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decorations are inefficient

EatMorChiikin

I love the new-ish Dojo decorations (the corpus and grineer ones) and have used them extensively, but I can't help noticing that they're not very user-friendly. My clan is small, with only four active members, so when one of us starts a decoration, we are also the ones to contribute everything for that decoration. It takes much longer than it should to contribute to a decoration, about 10-12 seconds on average, and when I make a ton of crates and barrels and small details, it becomes a tedious and annoying task. My idea is this: add a "contribute all" button (for the benefit of those of us in small clans) and remove the "Thank you for your contribution" screen. I would also ask for a lowering of prices for decorations, with the influx of new ones, but that seems like too much to ask. Thank you for your time.

Just a thought:  

Give each room, or the whole dojo, a kind of "contribution queue" where all the resource needing items are listed.  

If you don't care about which particular item you're contributing to, you go there and toss in resources.  After you're done, it tries to fill the items in their order on the list, or fills the first one that can start building depending on settings.  

That's a much better idea than mine, and I hope it receives the consideration it deserves.

Another thing I forgot to mention: Catwalk joints have the X shape on the bottom, supposedly as support beams for railings, but they make placing other catwalk pieces a PAIN. Corpus catwalks don't have railings available to decorate with, so I see two options for them; either get rid of the beams in the Corpus ones but keep them for Grineer, or introduce a "snap" system where you can tell a catwalk or railing piece to snap with an existing piece. For example: a 6m catwalk piece is placed in midair. To place another one you must simply turn on the snap mechanic and drag it near the existing catwalk piece. It will immediately align perfectly to the existing piece, and all you have to do is confirm its location. This is opposed to the "good enough" method now, where one must align the catwalk manually. I know DE is busy all the time, now more than ever, but I hope these ideas are considered for the future.