Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Vaquero" - The Cowboy Frame

Gandergear

For best effect, listen to the song while reading the suggestion. Unless you hate western music I guess.

I'd like to suggest a frame that takes on the american cowboy legend. All stats and abilities are subject to change for sake of balance. All stats are assumed to be at level 30. Notes in parentheses will give brief explanations of what each name means for those unfamiliar. For example:

(Mexcian Vaqueros were functionally identical to US Cowboys, although the cultures were entirely different)

With grit he faces any force that makes an attempt at his charges. Tenno, will you be able to keep up with his herd?

Stats: Fairly good tank option, he isn't a fragile caster nor is he the new rhino. If you invest in basic survivability mods you shouldn't have problems with being shot to death by mid level enemies. His energy pool is rather limited with good health/armor/shields.

Armor: 250

Energy: 100

Health: 400

Shield: 400

Passive: Reinforces the playstyle of using semi-automatic weapons with high power and combining it with lethal kill shots.

On a headshot kill using either a primary or secondary weapon, Vaquero heals 1 health per second, increases shield recharge rate by 10%, reduces shield recharge delay by 9%, and regains 0.1 energy per second for 5 seconds. (Stacks 10 times)

Abilities: Vaquero's kit is based around cowboy culture

1. Blue Norther: Rout the enemy with the northern winds.

Energy cost 25, 10m range (aura), 10 EPS, 100% chance to proc impact and cold every second to enemies in range.

(Blue Northers refer to cold fronts that bring heavy rain followed by blue skies afterwards)

2. Dogged and Tied: Subjugate an enemy to frontier justice, collecting a bounty while showing enemies the futility of their actions.

Energy cost 50, Single target, Incapacitates target and forces them to the ground, supplying a 10m aura that causes enemies to have a 50% chance to drop extra loot.

(Dogged and tied refers to the action of out pacing a prey to exhaustion then subduing them)

3. Lil' Chuck: Bring supplies to the front lines for your allies

Energy Cost 75, Duration 15s, Summons a Ratel that refills all allies ammo on cast, and gives a 20% reload increase to all allies within 15m range.

(Reference to the Chuck Wagon, also no warframe abilities restore ammo, so it'd be a nice change, to balance that ammo isn't typically an issue for most players, the reload increase (scales with ability strength) is also useful)

4. Ghost Rider: Spectral bulls bring ruination to all they trample.

Energy Cost 100, Duration 5s, Range 15m, Damage 1000, Total Bulls: 30

(Reference to the song Ghost Riders, but anyways the bulls spawn from behind Vaquero and charge at the nearest enemy.

The major challenge of this frame is to make it visually distinct from Mesa. This can be done by focusing on the aesthetics of traditional cowboy attire (Leather chaps, poncho, stetsman hat)

I'd try and draw an image of what I'd like him to look like, but lets just say my drawing skills are somewhere between a 1st graders and nonexistent. Of course we always have our go-to's for cowboy imagery however.Image result for clint eastwood the good the bad and the ugly

Edited by Gandergear