Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught + Ancients = Fail

Milarky7

I've had a few onslaught waves where I only get ancient disruptors and healers spawning. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't spawn two at a time. I got through it one time because it was early in the run, so I started with higher efficiency, there were more noodles, and it was a medium-size map. I just failed a run at wave 7, because it was an enormous map, and there were only two noodles. Very frustrating when the game decides to fail me right before the only wave I need stuff from.

On a side note, I've played probably around 50 runs up to wave 8, and I've never received khora BP or systems. This is really tanking my enjoyment of the game. Please provide a pity timer or something for the khora drops.

On that note, I have a few ideas for improving the loot drops:

1) the afore-mentioned pity timer (specifically for item/warframe parts)

2) provide a token system. Make it something big. Even requiring twenty runs to wave 8 would be enough to know I'm making progress to something that refuses to drop.

3) allow the player to forfeit their reward to remove it from the loot table for the next run. Ideally, you could do this multiple times, maybe three or four. Then, when the player accepts a reward, the loot tables reset. I wouldn't even mind if you forced them to accept a drop on the fourth or fifth time, resetting the loot tables, because it would give us even a small amount of control. As it is, it's just playing the one-armed bandit, and that's not enjoyable.

I'd be happy with any of these solutions, but the last one is the one I find most interesting. If we could do that with any of the loot tables in the game, that would be really cool. For now, though, please fix simaris being a jerk with the ancient spawns.

hey, if bad RNG is making you complain about it and doing this thread then it's working just fine. RNG such as this will never change and you might as well get used to it 

the bad RNG, no quest (i.e. free bp>extra part to farm), buggy mission....all of these are pushing you to pay

Thanks for the bump, Gin. Are you suggesting they are intentionally making bad design decisions and writing buggy code to extract money from us? A bit too cynical for my tastes. I prefer to think they're working to make the game as good as possible under tight resources and sometimes things like this happen. If we remain supportive and constructive, it gets better for us all.

Oh, and I've already paid it forward. They got more from me than most other games do, and this is the only f2p game I've actually shelled out cash for.