Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught: yeah, nope. Liked it better before

Asdryu

I got to agree with the others here: the broken scaling we had before made onslaught actually unique and was good to fulfill its purpose of focus farming.

This is clearly more of a survival than an extermination, so why should efficiency be based around killing? To think, maybe frames not affected by line of sight weren't so much of a bad thing now, wasn't it?
Anyways, If that has to be the case, give me enemies to kill TO PASS another zone, not to wait. Either that, or armor and enemy scaling should be adressed right the hell now. This has been an ongoing request for years.

26 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

I got to agree with the others here: the broken scaling we had before made onslaught actually unique and was good to fulfill its purpose of focus farming.

This is clearly more of a survival than an extermination, so why should efficiency be based around killing? To think, maybe frames not affected by line of sight weren't so much of a bad thing now, wasn't it?
Anyways, If that has to be the case, give me enemies to kill TO PASS another zone, not to wait. Either that, or armor and enemy scaling should be adressed right the hell now. This has been an ongoing request for years.

It's not a survival . Lore wise, fighting these simulations and killing them gathers more knowledge for the cephalon . And he only allows you to remain in the simulation as long as you remain efficient in killing them. He wants to study these certain simulations in certain environments for a set period of time. Like a timed test of unlimited problems to solve.

The problem with giving an enemy limit to pass the next zone is that, it would end up only making the quickest killers the only ones people want to save time. 

at least with this time gate, more frames are viable, because you dont have to kill a certain amount to move on, but to kill fast enough to keep your % high, which 4 frames just using their weapons can do til zone 8

Frames with extreme damage nukes that ignore line of sight and deal instant damage are a bad thing for game balance.

Are they a good thing for someone looking for the easiest and most optimal way to clear small maps of endless enemies? Yes. balance, No.

They are good, period.
Those frames won't ever kill certain enemies like, let's say Lephantis or Sargas, with their abilities and will certainly have some problems dealing with the bigger enemy while destroying the horde. Jack of all trades frames wich are both good at surviving and at damage but not as good as the nuke ones will have a better deal instead.
So, once we'll have both of those enemies together thrown at us (wich might finally happen with venus and spooders), they will be important to ease the pain. If not soon, later will happen. It has to.

Also, I was talking more about some kind of time attack instead of plain extermination, so frames that gets the job done faster will have an easier time in the long run for the hardcore tries.

Edited by Asdryu