Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme Lag On Phobos Exclusively

Arsonide

I'm not sure how to report this properly, but me and my friend have reset our routers, changed our matchmaking region, tried disabling uPnP and using ports manually, we've done SpeedTest.net between each other's cities, and we never had this problem until the desert tileset was released.

Basically, there's extreme lag for the client. The game is unplayable. The client sees everything like five seconds in the past. This only happens when I host or he hosts, not with public hosts. I've had public players in game and none of them seemed to be having issues.

It's just us specifically. It also only happens on Phobos. We never had the problem before, we have a great connection to each other and my upstream is great due to fiberoptic.

We alternated between Phobos and Ceres tonight to double check, and sure enough, there's a perfect connection in Ceres, and a terrible connection on Phobos.

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue, and if so, could they report if they've found a solution. If not, I'd just like to bring it to the developer's attention. Thanks.

Edited by Arsonide

Its not specifically tied to Phobos. Ever since update 9 to 9.5 my friends and I have noticed a deteriorating performance in this games multiplayer experience with enemies and players jumping around due to lag. I imagine it has more to do with the clients net code than anything else, as we have no problems like this in other games that we play. 

It also seems to be temperamental, as we don't experience it all of the time.

Edited by Zeally

Like I said, we did extensive testing, and there was no issue on any planet but Phobos. I am reinforcing that point because the disparity is so large that it must be a bug, and I am reporting that specific bug, and not any similar but unrelated issues.

My friend and I are getting some performance issues while playing together.  Doesn't matter who is host, but the guest gets significant performance issues where they cannot tell if enemy is dead, doesn't get shot, can't use guns or power, and other funny/frustration things.

It has been getting worse.  We have done the same thing you have done. We are going to check out Hamatchi to see if that helps the problem because the one time we played on the same network and everything went smoothly.

We both have similar gaming rigs which are pretty damn good.