The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Borderless Fullscreen Breaks At My Resolution, Makes Game Unplayable

Hiraldo

I play most games at 5760x1080 (triple monitor surround/eyefinity), and as far as I know, Warframe doesn't support anything above 1920x1080. This is a seperate problem from the one I'm having right now, though. I tried to switch to borderless fullscreen a.) to see what it does, exactly, and b.) to at least be able to use the left and right monitors for reddit, wiki, ect. Well, the Warframe window no longer displays a picture, it's just totally black. Restarting doesn't help. I assume that it is because Warframe is attempting to run at a resolution it doesn't support, 5760x1080. I say this because this is what I see when I open the steam overlay:

http://i.imgur.com/9JIW0OQ.jpg'>Link because file was too big to embed, even when scaled down to 1/4th it's actual size

That's a normal 5760x1080 steam overlay as far as I can tell... Also, when one attempts to close the overlay and return to the game, you just see this:

http://i.imgur.com/4jkW6LA.jpg'>Another link, sorry. You guys should change this (or is it BBcode's fault?

I'm pretty sure the easiest way to fix this would be to simply support custom resolutions. It can't be that hard, can it? Anyways, since I can't seem to find any unencrypted settings files to tweak outside of the game (and I don't know of any launch parameters to use) I'm stuck playing other (inferior) games. GG.

[Edit] thought I should include my system specs.

i7 3770k @ 4ghz
Intel DZ77GA-70K (mobo)
EVGA GTX 780 superclocked (and then I overclocked it a bit more, it's at 1200mhz at the moment)
16gb Corsair Veng. 1866 (2x8gb)
NZXT Phantom 820
EVGA Supernova 1300g
+Some hard drives and stuff, nothing important. I'm running Win7 home premium 64 bit

[Edit2] fixed resolution of linked images, they were 1440x270 blown up to 5760x1080 :l

Edited by Hiraldo

,,, {0.o} ,,, Use only one monitor like any other normal person does !!!!

sorry, I had to troll a little :)

edit:

yeap, that's a nice PC (GTX780, nice, nice)

but why Intel MBO and not Asus, Gigabyte or MSI ?

Edited by Strac_CRO

,,, {0.o} ,,, Use only one monitor like any other normal person does !!!!

sorry, I had to troll a little :)

Haha, you haven't lived until you've tried Eyefinity.

Seriously though, you bring up a good point. I wonder what would happen if I unplugged my other 3 monitors and only left one... Maybe I could fix the settings and plug the others back in?

had to do some experimenting with this myself (using nvidia surround). Try opening the settings on the launcher and tick full screen...whenever i do that my game goes back to 1920x1080 and turns off my other two monitors automatically..

had to do some experimenting with this myself (using nvidia surround). Try opening the settings on the launcher and tick full screen...whenever i do that my game goes back to 1920x1080 and turns off my other two monitors automatically..

You are a god. Thank you. I would have never noticed that button.

However, DE still needs to get custom resolutions working :/