Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Feedback and Concepts

Danjal777

@[DE]Steve Recently on Twitter, I asked about changing the statue in the trophy room to a different Warframe. I felt like that would be awesome, but I wanted to expand more on what I like, and what I feel needs to be changed.

Wasted space and resources-

The vast majority of tiles in the Dojo have no function.  While this is fine, it truly degrades the work that was put into them.  I would wager that most Dojos have very little use outside of the Trading Post, Labs and the rooms that connect them.  The issue here is that your art and level designers are putting out a solid product, but it doesn't get used, which means that the time and money spent on them while they created this artwork was essentially wasted.  Much like tilesets used to be before the void remaster, sorties, and Kuva were implemented, the more players uses that artwork, the less of a loss you entail.  Below I will talk about specific rooms and some concepts to enhance them.

The Trophy Room-

The biggest change in here is the massive statue in the middle.  The ability to change this in different ways could dramatically enhance the room.  What I would suggest is treating the statue as a giant Articula.  Then allow Clan leaders to designate and feature a clanmate to be featured or set it up to automatically display the clanmate at the top of a leaderboard in the clan.  I would like to see some screens in this room that track Clan data and display leaders in various statistics.  More Trophy opportunities so there are more riches to put in this room.  Perhaps Clan based scavenger hunts similar to the cat statues, but the entire clan has to gather them to get the trophy.  Boss kill trophies for killing bosses in record times.  Spy vault Trophies for fast vault clearing.  There's so much gameplay that can be used to populate this room and create a centerpiece that Tenno can be proud of.

The Oracle- 

This room is little more than a precursor to building labs.  Once built it is often forgotten.  What I would like to see is the Oracle as a sort of collection for clan data on enemies.  Once the Clan has killed and scanned a sufficient amount of an enemy it is available for download to other Tenno and thus show up in their Codex.  It would also be nice if this room could be outfitted with a "Diet Simulacrum" bought from Simaris and managed by him.  In this, up to four clanmates can summon some stored enemies and jump into the hole to fight them and practice.  You could take it a step further and allow the clan to upload their weapon data to allow other Tenno to try out weapons in this chamber before buying them.  You could set up weekly challenges that could net the clan Trophies.  They activate the simulation, jump into the hole and fight through five challenging waves in a simulated dynamic environment.  Think of the Danger Room from the X-Men.  A Boss Rush mode would be awesome too, where you have to fight a number of bosses either consecutively, or all at once.  Also an update needs to happen to this room to accommodate for Sentients and Corrupted factions, adding a pedestal for them both.

The Orokin Lab-

It once had a great purpose as the hub of Dark Sector research but has since been abandoned.  This lab could be really useful though, there is already a Kubrow in there, suggesting some cool pet research, there's holographic weapons on display, suggesting Orokin era weapon research, perhaps for hybrid weapons development like the Seer pistol.  Then there is this massive infrastructure for building relays.  I would suggest you bring it back, allow Clans to build these relays and create armies of specters and send them off to take care of missions on the "Dark Sectors" which are found by scanning the system map for anomalies and sending your troops out.  Once found they start gathering supplies and special artifacts that get deposited into your Clan treasury.  After three days of exclusive "mining" it becomes available for other clans to raid with their armies of specters.  Then they fight each other to see who the victor is.  The victor gains the node in a safe status for four hours before someone else can try to steal it.  After seven total days the node depletes.  The nodes can only be seen in this room, not on the mission select screen as it could become busy depending on how many clans are trying to use dark sectors.  In doing something like this, you can use the assets that you have already created and make a fun passive minigame for Clans to compete in.  To go to the next level, a Clan can dispatch teams of Tenno to battle the enemy Specters in order to gain the upper hand in battles, but I would suggest an exceedingly difficult experience, like no revives and you die as soon as you are downed (no bleedout) and your powers don't work in the Dark Sectors, its all gunplay and skill.  During this it isn't enough to kill the Specters, you must complete a series of challenges in the tileset (i.e. sabotage, a round of mobile defense, 5 mins of survival, and a vault).  Clans only get a shot at this every two hours and there is a 24 hour cooldown on each member that goes.  Ensure all rewards are clan-centric.

The Tenno Lab-

This room needs a visual update to show Wukong and Nezha in the glass display in the center.  

General quality of life-

We need a fill all contributions button when placing decorations.  

Anyway thank you for your time, hopefully this finds it way to you and you get something out of it.

-Danjal777