Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A bug with the Tenno at the end of the Second Dream quest

Senegos

The bug happens at the end of the quest, when you are on Lua and you get to play as the operator for the first time while being carried by the warframe. So far it has been confirmed by me and GuardianRainwalker, and it appears it can be recreated 100% of the time. You need an Ivara and and active Artemis bow before you start the cinematic that leads into the operator fight. As you finish the cinematic and go into operator mode, as long as you fulfilled those two requirements, you will not be able to use the void beam whatsoever. Instead you will see the crosshair of your primary weapon in addition to having to use it during the fight. 1/2 here are a couple of screenshots, you can see how the Conculysts have resistances that they wont get from the Void beam (Blast, Puncture, Slash etc). Also, as was pointed out by Guardian - the shot animation isn't coming from the hand of the operator but rather from the warframe's. Just to clear any doubts - here you can clearly see the arrows after I tried using the void beam.

Edited by Senegos

I'll just chime in with a couple more observations and screenshots.

Here we have slightly clearer shot of the Ignis wraiths fire particle (off to the left) as well the operators hand and my reticle. The reticle is nowhere near the conculysts hurtbox, implying that the ignis's AoE hitbox is still working even though it's being projected from the operators hand, the particle is however trying to render from where Ivara would be holding the ignis in this animation, if it were even in this animation.

And here we have some conculysts with resistances to both the damage types that my Ignis Wraith had available at the time. So that seems to be working properly as if the ignis was equipped as well.

I also noted that after extracting from this mission that during the next...part...of the quest the operators beam was back to normal. So it's not a progression blocking bug, just really weird.

And this ...is from the next...part...of the quest, and probably unrelated, but it's hard to say with things like this. And there's no such thing as useless data.