Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for new hacking system, possibly orokin?

Grenadeboo

Honestly, I feel like the Orokin puzzles would be straight up different from either Corpus or Grineer. Imagine a puzzle that actively fought against you in some way; maybe a simplified version of Hex, where you need to make a path(s) from two (or more) gates to each other, with the console actively trying to lock you out. You both need to recognize the patterns already present to link up the gates, and you need to be quick enough to outpace the console.

https://imgur.com/a/W8YB41l

For example, here's a quick mockup I made; each circle is spun like a Corpus hex, except its eight way, and you need to make a connected path between both blue tiles. The AI is trying to make a connected path between both red riles, and will also attempt to break your line if need be.
There's no time limit, but the grid size gets larger at higher difficulties, the AI gets faster, and maybe it even speeds up over time too so the two of you don't get stuck in a stalemate.
Note that there's no "turns", you rotate circles as fast as you can click them, and the AI does it at a certain rate.
Think of it almost like a "power flood/fill" kind of game, with you and the AI manipulating pipes.

there's at least one path for you to win, and one path for the AI to win, but there may be more depending on tile generation

I like the AI idea.   But there is a small issue :  If AI line is also vulnerable to breaking, then its pointless. Player can always mess up AI line and stay safe.

And if its invulnerable, it can block path completely. Or cut your line without letting you fix it. 

I think that AI should be represented by "watch tower" in the middle of the Grid.  And player must sneak past this tower by utilising dynamic "blindspots".