Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Night in the Plains of Eidolon is way too dark, like black screen darkness

Harestation

I only came back to the plains recently to get the standing & resources needed to craft at least 11 zaws. It was already terrible before at night, but it's still the case and i was wondering if it was intended to be like this, aka total darkness. I can't see s**t. Here is a screenshot :

mVvumEX.jpg

I know i can change the brightness but changing it to 100% instead of 50% (defaut) only for this to denature the way the game looks is a little too much.

The best being the step of a bounty where you need to control a (way too) big area and you can't see any enemy around even with Enemy Sense equipped.

Edited by Harestation
typo

Hey buddy! Have you tried adjusting your display settings in Warframe?

I've tinkered a little with them, and I've found a way to make the Plains seem relatively bright for myself! I've posted example screenshots below too, so you can have a look and see what it's like!

Hny4cmx.pngvQANjUA.png

Example pics:

Spoiler

kjRZPx7.pngiFDv7j7.png

I hope this helps! :satisfied:

Wow. I just switched Volumetric Lightning, HDR and Adaptive Exposure from Off to On. It changed radically and it's playable by night o/. Thanks for your help. I guess the low preset is problematic here.

Not the same game anymore. Screenshots :

ZcmbQE0.jpg

3quH7Qd.jpg

Edited by Harestation

That's neat! I'm glad to hear the situation's improved! :laugh:

If you want, you could try lowering the contrast, and increasing the in-game brightness even further! It might help with night-vision, and also with water clarity! :satisfied:

I just want to chime in and say that we shouldn't have to go and fiddle with hardware settings in order to just see the game.

We are moving around in super high tech Frames that should practically be able to see things through walls, why don't we have actual in-game sensors enhanced HUDS to show that?

This is not a "real life, outdoor night", it's an LCD screen or TV screen shooting simulated dark at us. We are usually in a room with bright lights in the background somewhere and we switch between bright to dark screens because of menus constantly. Our real eyes do not have time to adjust or deal with constant light changes, it just causes nothing but eye strain.