Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission: Invasion Capstone

oldmanzero

While running invasions the other day, I realized that one of the things that could make them more meaningful in-game would be a capstone mission. Basically, you'd run your 3 required missions, unlocking a final, optional mission in which you charge a major emplacement or objective. This final mission would have elevated challenge levels and would resemble Mobile Defense and/or Interception, with a final fight against a mini-boss. Players playing through these missions would get a small story reward, perhaps a random cephalon fragment or voiceover thank-you, and a gift of specters from the faction they're supporting in the invasion.

I don't know how challenging it would be to add this, but I feel like it would help mitigate the sheer grindy-ness of invasion gameplay. In an ideal world, there would also be content rotation related to the current stage of the Razorback or Fomorian counter.

Mitigate the grind by adding another mission that is one of the longer types of standard missions with a fight against one of the existing or new mini-bosses.
Also requiring new bits of lore and/or VO work.

It's a non-trivial amount of work and would quickly get to the same point of doing it just to do it because you've seen anything new.