Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove enemy spawn multiplier

CrashBear

Having more people in a mission means they'll be more enemies in it, probably to make it more difficult. But honestly, since most people are equipped to deal with large crowds of enemies (some of the best weapons and frames are especially designed to do this), I don't think anyone really sees more enemies equaling more difficulty.

This means people playing alone are punished because they'll have less enemies to kill, to get less drops and affinity. I realize the point of the game is to cooperate and play with others, but this issue is especially prevalent in Sanctuary Onslaught, where you need to kill enemies to keep your efficiency up. To lose your run because 2 people left at the 4th zone is really frustrating, and unfairly punishing.

If the enemy spawn multiplier isn't removed, at least remove it for Sanctuary Onslaught, where the whole objective is to kill enemies as fast as possible. Not spawning enemies faster than the rate your efficiency drains is unfair.

In that case one of these would happen:

- Make it so enemies spawn always as if it were a full squad (Which would cause some players to just get overwhelmed, specially newcomers)
- Make it so enemies spawn always as if it were solo (Which would mean that the amount of enemies is a disgrace)
- Find a middle ground, which would just be hard to balance depending the mission type and gear of the players in the squad.

The only solution that comes to mind is being able to select enemy spawn rate if you're playing solo, before the mission starts or something like that. Though I really dont think DE would like to implement that.

Now, to solve your specific problem with SO Id recommend just setting up a squad, not just joining/inviting pubs.

2 hours ago, --Q--Mordred said:

The only solution that comes to mind is being able to select enemy spawn rate if you're playing solo, before the mission starts or something like that. Though I really dont think DE would like to implement that.

The only way I see this happening is that it is literally only the number of enemies. Drops, Affinity, etc. all stay the same. In that case it wouldn't do anything for SO, but would be more "interesting" for other parts of the game.

This is a co-op game and they aren't going to reinforce the idea it is better to solo it.