Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambush!

Shifty_Shuffler

Is it me or are the Corpus and Grineer a little $&*&*#(%&?

You've been spotted and your clearly after whatever high value target on that mission. Why don't they set up an Ambush? You've achieved your objective(s) and are heading for extraction. Why don't they set up an Ambush?

It would make sense if they did. Run into a room then, boom, doors lock and the hail of bullets begins. Give them portable turrets to setup, throw in a mini boss or 2, and a crap load of grunts. The ambush could be triggered by a single player, locking the others out, but make the console hacking really tough, so they can't get in and help too easily.

This would break up the pace of the missions, encourage people to stay together, and could even be incorporated in stealth play (i.e. if your never detect they won't set one up). I'm not saying have this happen everytime on a mission otherwise it would get too predictable, just every now and then so you get that 'oh S#&$' moment.

You've been spotted and your clearly after whatever high value target on that mission. Why don't they set up an Ambush? You've achieved your objective(s) and are heading for extraction. Why don't they set up an Ambush?

It would make sense if they did. Run into a room then, boom, doors lock and the hail of bullets begins. Give them portable turrets to setup, throw in a mini boss or 2, and a crap load of grunts. The ambush could be triggered by a single player, locking the others out, but make the console hacking really tough, so they can't get in and help too easily.

This would break up the pace of the missions, encourage people to stay together, and could even be incorporated in stealth play (i.e. if your never detect they won't set one up). I'm not saying have this happen everytime on a mission otherwise it would get too predictable, just every now and then so you get that 'oh S#&$' moment.

Real ambush would be different. Doors are locked, consoles blocked, oxygen out.

And then, picking up corpses like bloody mushrooms.

Conversely...Corpus troopers seem to show up out of thing air, from places you have already stopped thoroughly flat.  I can understand Corpus Walkers showing up....they get spit out of vending machines.  But where did the people come from?

Anyway.....

I like the idea of Ambushes....although we essentially have that now.  In theory, you're supposed to be fending off waves of security troops whenever an alarm goes off, but it doesn't seem like that idea has been fully implemented or realized yet.

Definitely agreed.  It looks like AI improvements are one of their top priorities.  And rightfully so, in a PvE game that will make or break your experience.

I always wondered why they never really seemed to work together.  Like why don't shield grineer form a phalanx wall at certain bottlenecks to stop the Tenno?  Stuff like that...