Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ain't This Just A Tad Ridiculous For The 2Nd Mission?

Xylia

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/633040734075981687/0FFBB1CE30DAD602D103FCE1F6D47CC3C9FC58E0/

In this screenshot alone (I couldn't get all the guys in one screenshot), you see two dead bodies on the lower left portion of the screen.

There's a sawman in my face (I killed another one just prior to this screenshot), there's 2 troopers and 2 lancers in the background.

In this one room alone, I had to kill about 15 Grineer.

My Online Mode was set to Solo as you can see in this end-of-mission screenshot:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/633040734075985379/1539B1A6487EFA4AF61C10F89C56624EF00F1467/

As you can see, I had my mode set to Solo, AND I had to kill a whopping 124 mobs.

I wasn't actually trying to farm them, I was just trying to get out of each room and not just rush past everything.

If it weren't for me being an experienced Warframe player with some 200 hours under my belt, there's no way I would have survived this being a freshly minted newbie.

Even with my experience, the only thing that saved my sorry butt was the fact I got lucky with a couple Vitality drops, and I have it on Rank 2. No Redirection, though.

Still using an MK1, because the Braton takes 25,000 credits and that takes awhile only getting 1,500 or so per mission.

Yeah, I remember the noob days, I HAD to group with a friend to survive the early game. I couldn't imagine the problems that rose when nightmare mode was on terminus and brand new players had to fight lvl 40 mobs.

Nightmare Mode doesn't happen until every node of the planet was cleared tho.

But yeah, this is ridiculous.

Solo Mode should not have you fighting numbers of mobs appropriate for 2-4 players.

I have a good 60% headshot ratio, because I'm experienced at the game. What about some newbie who just sprays and doesn't understand the concept of headshots?

Oh, Btw...

What's up with the Sawmen having the same armor as Lancers, despite them looking like they're wearing very little?

Really?

Well, yeah if you had *blue* nodes, but if you had locked nodes, I remember Nightmare not appearing. Unless they snuck a small hotfix in before I saw it.

Yeah, it was for about a day after release of U9. Even if the planet had 1 mission unlocked, if that mission happened to be nightmare, there was no bypassing it.

Also, I don't think sawmen have the same armor. Eviscerators do however have the same armor.

Yeah, they do.

Shoot Sawman in the head with MK1: 16 damage.

Shoot Sawman in the torso or leg with MK1: 7-8 damage.

Shoot Lancer in the head with MK1: 16 damage.

Shoot Lancer in the torso or leg with MK1: 7-8 damage.

I can screencap if you want.

I have a good 60% headshot ratio, because I'm experienced at the game. What about some newbie who just sprays and doesn't understand the concept of headshots?

lol....

Xyl /headshake

If this was baby's first shooter, it might be a little intense in the beginning. But it's hopefully not. The concept of "get headshot" and "conserve ammo" should already be in their mind when they approach a shooter. If it's not, then that's a lack of general gameplay experience.

lol....

Xyl /headshake

If this was baby's first shooter, it might be a little intense in the beginning. But it's hopefully not. The concept of "get headshot" and "conserve ammo" should already be in their mind when they approach a shooter. If it's not, then that's a lack of general gameplay experience.

The problem with that mentality is that we have people of all ages and experience levels playing this, and everybody shoudl get a break on the first few missions.

Dumping them into a room of 15 grineer when they might be solo (right now, 0 players at M Prime) is.....not very fair.

I've done M Prime 5 times now on this new account test... the only rifle mod I have is Fast Hands. So.....yeah.

Here's a screenshot of me doing 8 damage to a Trooper's Torso:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/633040734076398163/692FFBAEFF8A40B0086658A4344741E90553AD9C/

I know, its hard to make out the 8 but it is there.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/633040734076416873/BDF6C76AF927FC4939A83031727A9ED4171A8F7F/

Same weapon, 7 damage to a Sawman's torso after his shields have been taken down.

MK1-Braton this time, against a Lancer: 5 damage.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/633040734076432183/522D8A8957F0F1A5D7CE492D4C398A24FE389936/

MK1-Braton against a Sawman: Yup, 5 damage.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/633040734076446122/4BB801C23CD39B71BDAC4B7B4AD235D445875829/

Need more proof?

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at though. We know the Bratons do horrible damage at first.

I'm saying that Sawmen should not have as much armor as Troopers and Lancers.

Sawmen have Shields, Sawmen do 50 damage a swing, they move a lot faster, AND they have just as much armor? LOL

The above screenshots prove that -- low damage or not, my weapons are doing the same damage on Sawmen as they do on Lancers and Troopers.

Edited by Xylia

As someone who cluelessly solo'd all the way to the Jackal with a Braton MK-1, Lato, and Cronus that only has Rank 0 mods, what?

Did you do this before or after U9?

Before U9, turning SOLO mode on heavily decreased mob spawns.

When U9 came, they jacked up the spawns in Solo mode.

I seem to remember people saying SOLO mode is buggy like that and to leave it on Private or Invite Only to prevent the mobs. I generally run solo or paired so leave it in Private mode unless I want to go for a defence.

That said though, thank you for this. I remember my first days - I joined a couple of days before U9 so got hammered with the new difficulty and Nightmare mode! It's good to see an experienced player who remembers what it's like to be new and pointing out the issues with early level difficulty which still exist.