Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crypt The Wicked Warframe

Masquerade_

The devs have officially stated that Volt will be moved elsewhere (joking that it would become alert-only like Vauban- again, they were just joking), and that the new warframe will be given to the J3-Golem.

Now that that's out of the way, this... isn't a necro Warframe. This is more like a "shadow" Warframe, maybe an "undertaker" Warframe to match the chef and stonemason Warframes that will come out after, or perhaps a "high school goth kids dabbling in drugs in the graveyard" Warframe (though I doubt he has nearly enough piercings for that).

But not a necro Warframe. There's nothing "dead" about any ability other than the one that turns you into a ghost. I know you were trying to avoid the "raise dead" new-age necromancy line, but he doesn't even call up ghosts like classical necromancy.

no offense but thats very one sided in the terms on necromancy. this is following the lore of yes a bit of ghost but  the original necromancer the grim reaper(The harvester) very rarely is it ever mentioned that he would raise the dead he is like an undertaker or the guide to the spirit world. i love reapers so the necro was a great time to pitch it. pettitheyeti reminded me to stick to lore and thats what i did. im thinking if people want reviving pitch a zombie frame i personally dont want dead people floating around "helping". and i like making devs lives a bit easier so i came up with alternatives to everyone's one track revival power idea.(sorry if i sound rude not trying just tired of the same ideas rehashed im a writer so that kinda crap bothers me also very tired.)

1st is small scale single target graveyard,

2nd is the specter buddy

3rd is the nightmare

4th realm shift *insert name here* shifts into the shadow world and stroll the battlefield in his perspective meleeing enemies with his shadow scythe for high assassination-like damage

1st is small scale single target graveyard,

2nd is the specter buddy

3rd is the nightmare

4th realm shift *insert name here* shifts into the shadow world and stroll the battlefield in his perspective meleeing enemies with his shadow scythe for high assassination-like damage

you going to have to explain a bit more lol dont know if your talking about your own idea or mine lol

no offense but thats very one sided in the terms on necromancy. this is following the lore of yes a bit of ghost but  the original necromancer the grim reaper(The harvester) very rarely is it ever mentioned that he would raise the dead he is like an undertaker or the guide to the spirit world. i love reapers so the necro was a great time to pitch it. pettitheyeti reminded me to stick to lore and thats what i did. im thinking if people want reviving pitch a zombie frame i personally dont want dead people floating around "helping". and i like making devs lives a bit easier so i came up with alternatives to everyone's one track revival power idea.(sorry if i sound rude not trying just tired of the same ideas rehashed im a writer so that kinda crap bothers me also very tired.)

The Grim Reaper isn't a necromancer, he's a psychopomp, akin to the Valkyries, or Charon and Hermes.

The idea that he was ever even a living being is a rare modern take derived from fantasy novels, not actual myth.

The origin of the Greek term "nekromanteias", necromancy, literally refers to raising spirits- ghosts, not zombies- from beyond the grave to commune with them for the purposes of interrogation and divination. It was the practice of mortal sorcerers and priests, whereas today it's more the domain of clairvoyants and gypsies.

Modern interpretations of it make it more of a direct command of the soul itself, allowing one to turn the body into a prison for the soul, thereby allowing one to "raise the dead". If I recall correctly, it originated (or became the mainstream belief) with Tolkien and the Ringwraiths, but I could be mistaken. This is the aspect focused on in games today, since admittedly chatting up ghosts can only go so far.

Though it's still much closer to the origin than "he who throws tombstones".

If anything, the Grim Reaper would hate necromancers because they keep stealing his clients.

As for "not wanting abilities to be rehashed"?

Tombstone is just another Electric Shield or Snow Globe, Nightmare is Chaos, and Graveyard is effectively Rhino Stomp with MPrime's damage curse thrown in.

See any pet-focused abilities in WF? 'Cuz I don't.

If you're referring to rehashing modern games, as long as the beasties they call up don't just pop out of the metal grates on the ground and actually come out of corpses, it'll be pretty different.

Edited by Archwizard

The Grim Reaper isn't a necromancer, he's a psychopomp, akin to the Valkyries, or Charon and Hermes.

The idea that he was ever even a living being is a rare modern take derived from fantasy novels, not actual myth.

The origin of the Greek term "nekromanteias", necromancy, literally refers to raising spirits- ghosts, not zombies- from beyond the grave to commune with them for the purposes of interrogation and divination. It was the practice of mortal sorcerers and priests, whereas today it's more the domain of clairvoyants and gypsies.

Modern interpretations of it make it more of a direct command of the soul itself, allowing one to turn the body into a prison for the soul, thereby allowing one to "raise the dead". If I recall correctly, it originated (or became the mainstream belief) with Tolkien and the Ringwraiths, but I could be mistaken. This is the aspect focused on in games today, since admittedly chatting up ghosts can only go so far.

If anything, the Grim Reaper would hate necromancers because they keep stealing his clients.

Tombstone is just another Electric Shield or Snow Globe, Nightmare is Chaos, and Graveyard is effectively Rhino Stomp with MPrime's damage curse thrown in.

If you're referring to rehashing modern games, as long as the beasties they call up don't just pop out of the metal grates on the ground and actually come out of corpses, it'll be pretty different.

ok i wasnt trying to be rude from before but first off please explain how they or anyone can make a revival ability and have it not like mind control or chaos. second nightmare strikes fear into its enemies and prevents them from shooting and scatters them. third tombstone was a quick idea and was inspired form the fact i was getting &!$$ed with the corpus laser so i was thinking pay back lol and graveyard is very different its more visually stunning and different you have to go around and break the coffins it doesnt prime them and they dont go super mega boom. also do you see anything like novas super boom in the game from before anti matter drops and vaubans abilities bottom line is warframe is progressing with cooler and nicer and more useful abilities so i dont think we need to rely on a revival idea when we can all do so much better.

Edited by Masqurade_Blademan

"I am a necromancer, true. But I don't raise. I lay to rest."

ok i wasnt trying to be rude from before but first off please explain how they or anyone can make a revival ability and have it not like mind control or chaos. 

Well, Mind Control can only affect one target, is temporary and I believe still allows the enemy to damage from Tenno fire, but allows them to use the full array of their abilities and weapons.

Off the top of my head, place a debuff on a living target (castable multiple times) that deals damage over time, revives them after they die and allows the zombie to infect other enemies it melee attacks, Resident Evil style, while also benefiting from Tenno buffs and healing, perhaps buffing Mind Control in some other direction to make up for what I'm sure will be called an overpowered ability.

It's more different than Rhino Charge and Slash Dash, that's for sure.

"I am a necromancer, true. But I don't raise. I lay to rest."

As I said, that's not classic mythology, that's modern Garth Nix- niche fantasy novels.

He also wrote a book about a House at the axis of the universe, I doubt we'll be piloting ships to that star map anytime soon.

Edited by Archwizard

Well, Mind Control can only affect one target, is temporary and I believe still allows the enemy to damage from Tenno fire, but allows them to use the full array of their abilities and weapons.

Off the top of my head, place a debuff on a living target (castable multiple times) that deals damage over time, revives them after they die and allows the zombie to infect other enemies it melee attacks, Resident Evil style, while also benefiting from Tenno buffs and healing, perhaps buffing Mind Control in some other direction to make up for what I'm sure will be called an overpowered ability.

It's more different than Rhino Charge and Slash Dash, that's for sure.

doesnt sound original though that why i wanted to stay away from it plus bodies disappear to fast for any raise from the dead to work 

doesnt sound original though that why i wanted to stay away from it 

... Having it spread itself through your zombified minions doesn't sound original? Because while it's classic Hollywood, it's very rarely executed in games.

plus bodies disappear to fast for any raise from the dead to work 

Which is why you place the debuff on them before they die.

But, I digress, not even sure why I bother.

... Having it spread itself through your zombified minions doesn't sound original? Because while it's classic Hollywood, it's very rarely executed in games.

Which is why you place the debuff on them before they die.

But, I digress, not even sure why I bother.

check out the new graveyard and try to be happy i hate upsetting people.(its in a rough so try to be nice lol i got to go over it with my group) plus i know you dont like crypt but what if it was Krypt lol

Edited by Masqurade_Blademan

Well. Things got heated heated really quickly.

Well, yes I admit the whole lay-to-rest mechanic of Garth Nix isn't exactly faithful to the original concept of necromancy. The Sorrow from Metal Gear Solid 3 would be a much more accurate example of that concept. A spirit-medium, basically.

I see no one suggesting including the House in the Starmap, so if we could all just cut down on the snark, that would be great.

I quoted Abhorsen not because I wanted to justify this Necro 'Frame's concept in terms of what necromancers are traditionally, but to provide a point of reference as to what one might really consider a necromancer. If we all stayed true to the original concept of magic, Harry Potter would be praying and dancing to nature spirits instead of incanting with his wand. My one snarky sentence now spent, I will move on.

This being said, I would encourage everyone interested in a Necro 'Frame not to be so rigid in your concept of what makes a necromancer. I want to see a Necro 'Frame with overtones of necromancy, but not completely about the whole raise-the-dead idea. I have two reasons:

a) The lag this would produce would bring Diablo 2 to shame. You simply cannot have that many movable, interactive objects in one instance and expect the game to be anywhere near playable.

b) Though I enjoy the concept of raising minions from corpses and having them kill for you, there's simply nothing more satisfying in a First-Person-point-of-view game than actually causing your opponents to die.

I have recently taken anti-psychosis medication, if this will explain in any way the tone of this comment.

Well. Things got heated heated really quickly.

Well, yes I admit the whole lay-to-rest mechanic of Garth Nix isn't exactly faithful to the original concept of necromancy. The Sorrow from Metal Gear Solid 3 would be a much more accurate example of that concept. A spirit-medium, basically.

I see no one suggesting including the House in the Starmap, so if we could all just cut down on the snark, that would be great.

I quoted Abhorsen not because I wanted to justify this Necro 'Frame's concept in terms of what necromancers are traditionally, but to provide a point of reference as to what one might really consider a necromancer. If we all stayed true to the original concept of magic, Harry Potter would be praying and dancing to nature spirits instead of incanting with his wand. My one snarky sentence now spent, I will move on.

This being said, I would encourage everyone interested in a Necro 'Frame not to be so rigid in your concept of what makes a necromancer. I want to see a Necro 'Frame with overtones of necromancy, but not completely about the whole raise-the-dead idea. I have two reasons:

a) The lag this would produce would bring Diablo 2 to shame. You simply cannot have that many movable, interactive objects in one instance and expect the game to be anywhere near playable.

b) Though I enjoy the concept of raising minions from corpses and having them kill for you, there's simply nothing more satisfying in a First-Person-point-of-view game than actually causing your opponents to die.

I have recently taken anti-psychosis medication, if this will explain in any way the tone of this comment.

c..c..can we be best friends. lol i mean dude every turn you've not only got me you've had my back kinda lol seriously we got to play online sometime 

Yeah, I'll see when I'm free. I have to tell you, though, my time spent on Warframe or its Forums is usually motivated by my desire to not study for my Law exams, resulting in glorious procrastination. But if I can catch you, I have some Void Keys I'd like to use.

Yeah, I'll see when I'm free. I have to tell you, though, my time spent on Warframe or its Forums is usually motivated by my desire to not study for my Law exams, resulting in glorious procrastination. But if I can catch you, I have some Void Keys I'd like to use.

sounds good btw i would love to get your opinion on the new graveyard i kept the up just in case others liked it

hmm they sound nice but it doesnt make sense on how it would work the fourth i mean. unless your yugi and thats the shadow realm

Its like, well its like in the game forge, look up assassin shadow world game play or something like that

I forgot to quote u on the last

Edited by ApolloBiff