Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework PvP in Warframe

Raven0X

Well I feel like I have to address a few points here. One of the main problems of pvp is the fact that there is no Ranking system, having no ranking system makes it feel empty of meaning. Another issue with it, is that it has no Ranking system(and no, the conclave standing obviously doesn´t count) having no ranking system makes new players get matched with players with monster aim making them not want to touch pvp again. Now I understand that with the low amount of players with a ranking matchmaking pvp would be a desert, and that is why I think that conclave standing based matches should be scratched and conclave mods should be available by another way.Then there is also the issue with movement, a few maps without having to change the movement restrict it, for example maps with narrow spaces, likewise open maps do the opposite and most of pvp maps are open(in the sense of space) there was also the idea of adding stamina I don't know why it was dropped, it would also make pve more tactical but that is a personal opinion. Having kill Cams would also be nice to be at least able to see how some shots are made, of course there are people with tremendous aim but sometimes it feels off. Having kill cams would help players understand how they get killed and stop typing hacker. Regarding warframe abilities, there are simply some that have advantage towards others in pvp, I don't mind that every wf has specific strengths and some just aint cut for pvp, but screw loki,also worth noting if gaining energy would only be possible through energy orbs , or not having energy orbs and only be able to be regained by energy recovery would make the use of abilities secondary in pvp, or at least more strategic. Abilities because of their overpowered nature shouldnt be able to be used that much in pvp to beggin with, and if you could only use your 4 once per match and your 1 4-5 times they could even have the same characteristics of their pve counterparts(once again this is a bit personal as I felt a huge let down for not being able to rag doll my enemies using mag or soul punching them to oblivion with nekros) To this I should add that there are wf that have clear advantages in pvp Volt, Ash, Nyx, Loki and some more. when going on the conclave menu there should be a difficulty meter based on their win ratings in pvp so that new player dont get wrecked for using a trinity for example.

I would also like to add that there should be some Clan oriented pvp, it could even be with the conclave settings as long as there is a specific ranking with rewards for that(cosmetics, forma so that PVE players dont get mad). Back to Open space vs narrow space. Both can exist but in the case of open space maps they should be plain so that people cant fly around that much, so that you can at least predict the movement pattern to a certain degree. Matchmaking is also still painful,I get that it has to do with the low amount of players, but if there are so few why not have a server for pvp that aint dedicated? (I m really asking)

Finally and this is again more of a personal opinion instead of MK weapons doing more dmg that their variants because of new players, why not have all variants do the same dmg in pvp, cause honestly I would like to use my shiny guns without feeling like an idiot doing so.
Im willing to go deeper on this if I get a reply. Comments saying that pvp isnt needed in wf are silly. it exists and it can be improved, dont scream that DE resources are being wasted, cause we aint their Financial advisors, and the reason pvp isnt successful yet is plain and simple because it lacks improvement. With the coming pve updates veteran players should be happy, new players have a long way to go anyway no big need for new content for them. Just a few more bosses like eidolons but without the necessary operator mechanic. and maybe with less predictable movement patterns. Just make a tanky(something like lephantis health pool well probably needs more than that to be a challenge humanoid bosses that can use wf movement  without immunity mechanic! ( I fully understand that t is hard a #*!% to do that)

Edited by dwolfgheist