Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How We Discourage Progress On The Forums.

Jamescell

I'm tired of seeing posts with minuscule changes to a frame, just stats no real ability changes. The agonizing part is that these posts always get the most views, I'm not sure if it's because people don't like innovative ideas, or just act blindly on the forums, and only give posts that baby them into responding, attention, posts that keep them in their comfort zone. "I like these abilities but they weren't made by the DEVs so I'm not going to support it." That is. The kind of narrow minded, ignorant thinking that allows for inept or shallow posts requiring little thought to rise above the rest. For the sake of the game, we need to be more open minded; encourage those radical yet well thought out and viable posts, the idea posts, not the "freeze needs to be a second longer" or "Who is your favorite frame" or the post so broad and obscure that there's no point to it (those are the ones people tend to flock to). In spite of my efforts, my bet is that this post will sink to the bottom of the forums like a rock.

Edited by Jamescell

I know this first hand. The first post I put up suggesting things that actually changes frames and I was met with almost nothing but things like "Ewww this doesn't fit the lore in my opinion, so it's stupid."

I know how you feel....  when I suggested a swimsuit mode for the female frames, everyone just started yelling at me for some reason. 

I know how you feel....  when I suggested a swimsuit mode for the female frames, everyone just started yelling at me for some reason. 

same thing happened with me when i suggested a mechanic that would allow auras to be disabled for the rest of a mission after granting 30 seconds of a large buff to things I is 30 seconds of power usage being halved really that game breaking?

same thing happened with me when i suggested a mechanic that would allow auras to be disabled for the rest of a mission after granting 30 seconds of a large buff to things I is 30 seconds of power usage being halved really that game breaking?

*shrug* It's not a terrible idea.  But you do realize my previous post was sarcastic, right? 

The basic problem is anything radical means people have to relearn how to play their favorite frame/do a certain mission type/mod out a decent gun.

And if there's one thing I've learned, it's that people hate learning, and any real cerebral effort for that matter.

And if there's one thing I've learned, it's that people hate learning, and any real cerebral effort for that matter.

I'm pessimistic by nature, so nobody try to take this personally.  If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the majority of people are idiots.  Not necessarily all of the time, but at least 50% of the time (and some people are idiots 100% of the time).  But that cuts both ways.  Most suggestions are utterly terrible, and most criticism of ideas (especially decent or good ideas) is equally terrible. 

Thankfully, forums don't usually have to deal with the absolute stupidest of people, because the bottom ~10% of people don't know how to type or use a computer.  So we're just left with trolls, people who won't ever admit their wrong, and regular idiots.