Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combat and Movement

Glothrenite

Currently the Sprint/Slide/Vault/Attack range of 'cool basic' moves is what we have. These in combination with the 'energy abilities' is totally where the games combat is fun.

Perhaps 1 more additon to the basic moves that mulitplies out the potential range would be enough without getting too spammy/accidental driven. Taken further this +1 could be frame specific and function as a character flavour move. I could see Excalibur performing fly kicks, Ash needs to shoulder slam someone so bad, Loki chokes and grapples, punchs, sweeps? .. perhaps dodging? .. too far?

OR an additional melee combat aspect, like a light combo system. Perhaps the charged swing could a be combo starter.

Someone at DE has GOT to be a Soul Calibur fan .. seriously!

one more thing

I feel like I should be able to Queue up the charged swing during the animation sequence of pevious moves. Not for the purpose of cheesing out and making it more powerful but to further complement the fluidic sensation the game has with smooth control transitions.

Peace

I agree but, remember that this is a TPS not a hack-n-slash or a fighting game

We shouldnt be concerned with whether its a TPS or a hack-n-slash or a fighting game..

we should only be concerned with what could potentially improve the experiance based on the existing framework.

They gave us a sword, they gave us some moves....

we can be happy with what we have but asking to flesh it out a bit more is also pretty reasonable.

We shouldnt be concerned with whether its a TPS or a hack-n-slash or a fighting game..

we should only be concerned with what could potentially improve the experiance based on the existing framework.

They gave us a sword, they gave us some moves....

we can be happy with what we have but asking to flesh it out a bit more is also pretty reasonable.

Amen to that. It's when creators (whether they're video game developers, musicians, painters, etc) abandon the confines of only creating within a designated style that revolutionary and forward thinking concepts can be created.

This game is already such a unique blend of so many fantastic elements of so man fantastic game styles (both in terms of gameplay as well as visual design), and that's what I think makes this game so much fun.

I completely agree with the OP. A bit more kinetic and fluid melee combat would really take this game over the edge in terms of awesome! I'd love to feel some more cohesion between player created combos. For instance I run to a group of enemies, I slide and slash, stand and jump over another enemy, while shooting him in the air, land facing the other directing and slice up another nearby with a few melee hits, then shoot an incoming enemy down... Of course all these things can currently be done, but it would be great if there was a stronger sense of connection between each of these attacks.

A light combo system would be really rad. Did anyone play that game "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ? that game had a really sweet combat system. Though that is a VERY different kind of game, and I'm not at all suggesting that this should be like that. BUT it's that "feeling" that sort of limitless combo opportunity mentality, coupled with the sense that each attack is sorta glued to one another, even though each attack is individually chosen by the player.

I know this is probably not a great example but Tony Hawk's Pro Skater sorta comes to mind. I think there is an element of that game that Warframe reminds me of. In the sense that when the match starts, even if you don't know the map, you head out and carve yourself a unique, fluid route. Jumping, sliding, shooting, slashing, using powerups... all this with creative level design that lends itself to creative maneuverability (jumping onto a crate, vaulting over a rail, swinging from an overhang) can really go a long way towards the whole feeling of being a space ninja... with a gun.

Fluidity of movement, and opportunity for creative and cohesive combat, in an environment that lends itself to agility. These are things I'd love to see expanded in Warframe.

Sorry for rammbling.

TL;DR: I agree with OP.