The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

GPU Crashes at random times Only in Warframe

cns95

I have done multiple GPU stress tests which my GPU passed with flying colors. Warframe will just have the graphics crash while still being able to hear what is going on and be able to control my warframe according to what others have said. When i turn off DirectX 10 and 11, when these crashes do happen, it is able to snap back into working but with multiple different graphical issues, as seen in the attached screenshots. Album Link

Edited by cns95

Try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely uninstall your GPU drivers and then download them fresh from Nvidias website to reinstall (this usually fixes any GPU related issues inside Warframe)

If that doesn't fix your black screen issues then check this out:

Go and check event viewer to see if you can find something similiar to this should be under Windows Logs / System, search through the list to find a message like this...

6j3QcpR.jpg

If you do then it is 100% a TDR crash.

Timeout Detection Refresh or 'TDR' is a feature of Windows 7 and above that is supposed to prevent premature BSODs caused by system lag. So when something starts to create too many errors for too long it refreshes the GPU driver causing the black screen in warframe even though the game still runs and your hear the game sound, etc.

Windows TDR delay by default is set to 2 sec. However, you can maybe fix the problem by increasing this delay to 8 or 10 seconds

Open regedit then -
Navigate to -
H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ ControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers.
Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value,
Then name it:  TdrDelay -> double click it to open -> Set the hexadecimal value to 8.

That's what worked for me before when I use to have the same issue. Let me know if either of those work for you!

• Like 1