Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kril's Backpack

Brimir

Question

8 answers to this question

You need to shoot him in the hole in the middle of the backpack until you see a tube break. Once you do, try to make him launch his ice wave or ice bullet. He will freeze. Break the ice, repeat 3 more times.

Hopefully this helps.

The spot you should be shooting is usually lit, but sometimes all the elemental effects on my weapons seem to make it do weird things.

If you're solo, make him swing at you in melee and race behind him to smack him in the back. Good luck.

Edit: and yes, if you see no numbers, you're doing nothing useful. He's either at the point where you need to make him freeze, or you're missing the damageable spot.

Edited by Nubsawce

Ive never noticed numbers while shooting the backpack

Nother question - do you have to damage him while hes frozen? Seems all you can do is shield damage. is that how he unfreezes, or...? If I dont shoot him and he unfreezes does that count as progress to stage 2?

I don't bother with damage until he "turns red".

Like Nubsawce mentioned above:

1. shoot backpack (middle) until you see tube break. Save bullets: don't bother shooting anywhere else.

2. lure him to use freeze (which will freeze himself in return). Save bullets: don't bother shooting at all.

3. Repeat 1 and 2 until all tube breaks and he "turns red".

4. Exercises normal termination protocols. (i.e. start shooting).

Notes for advanced: can actually start shooting during the last "freeze", if you are fully aware of the number of total tubes broken (as long as all the tubes are broken). He can be taken down very easily with concentrated fire then, without even "turning red".

lemme explain my version to take down kril:

1. try to shoot his backpack. approach him closely so kril will swing his hammer horizontally. that's when you can shoot down his backpack.

2. get some range between you and him (not too far, not too close), which triggers his action to use hammer stomp or frost's freeze skill. then his action caused him to be frozen. now it's time to shoot his backpack again! 

protip: if kril doesnt use his hammer stomp/freeze skill, tell your teammates to stay away from him, because kril is confused detecting range from you and your teammates.

3. and now the backpack is vulnerable again, which means will show damage numbers.

repeat step 1 and 2 three more times (total four times)

4. kril will engage red fiery raging mode. now it's time to slay him!

Edited by valkrein