Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shooting Range / Training Room

Bloodywing

I don't know if this has been suggested, I did a quick search and none came up. 

I thought it would be awesome if we could test out our new weapons/warframe/loadout before going into the field. I thought a Shooting Range / Training Room with Dummies would be a nice addition to the game. This way we can check damage output, mod combos etc. A training dummy would be nice as well to try out our melee weapons.

Anyway, I just thought I would post here as it would be  a cool feature of an already amazing game :)

Bloodywing 

Edited by Bloodywing

All things scale off of two things: enemy type and enemy level

I'd imagine it would be pretty easy for DE to have things like this in there, I'm just not sure how it would work in the case of the dojo (meaning who would get priority on what things were set to). Though perhaps they could just have it be a giant room the side of the obstacle course and have sections for each enemy type and just put in 3-4 simulated levels of enemy.

edit: forgot to add thoughts, agreed with the general idea from the OP... I think something in game to directly test things out on would be spectacular.

Edited by plznohurtme

How would you implement the armor system in it though?

Spawn idle enemies with various level ranges with health pools that can't drop below 1 and regenerate after 1-2 seconds of not taking damage. A number of MMORPGs have these. This wouldn't be much different.

That's a question I asked for Livestream #12, but Rebecca didn't pick it up...

* Can we have personal training rooms (notice the emphasis on "personal") ?

Right now when you want to try a new build (of any kind), you have to take it to a mission, which is time-consuming (unless you cancel the mission when you're done testing, but still...).

A very limited personal space (in the void maybe, just like the dojo ?) with some target dummies would thus be invaluable.

World of Warcraft did it well: dummies of different levels, even bosses, for players to fine-tune their builds...

Nonono, not in the Dojo.

Not everyone is in a clan, or want to be in one, for whatever reason that is not our to discuss.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of impact on weapons/skills performance when being instanced and not hosting, and while it will obviously happen as well in regular missions, I guess it's better to avoid this potential problem, theorycrafting-wise.

I don't know if this has been suggested, I did a quick search and none came up. 

I thought it would be awesome if we could test out our new weapons/warframe/loadout before going into the field. I thought a Shooting Range / Training Room with Dummies would be a nice addition to the game. This way we can check damage output, mod combos etc. A training dummy would be nice as well to try out our melee weapons.

Anyway, I just thought I would post here as it would be  a cool feature of an already amazing game :)

Bloodywing 

Why this isn't in game already is beyond me. Add it to the dojo. Ninjas train. Not game breaking is it. I can see them adding this if more people ask for it. I would love to see it. Then later maybe add some challenges to the system you speak of. Would help new players along and get used to how the aim reticle speed is and how the frames move when firing etc.

Good job op.