Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Block. How Does It Works?

KEL_UM

really? noone uses it at all? I'v never really seen anyone use it other then myself, but it is actually usefull. it considerably lowers the damage you take from the direction you are blocking in. Or I'm crazy.

How much is "considerably"? I would expect a block function to mitigate most, if not all, damage AND have some sort of audiovisual cue to indicate a successful block. Something along the lines of the system used in the Ninja Gaiden games to me is ideal.

I dont know the exact amount, infact I dont think anyone does, noone uses it much so not much is known

could be different amounts between weapons for all we know

but if I had to guess, I would say it feels like I'm ussually taking 1/3 the damage I normally would when blocking, you should try it out on some low level enemys, get a feel for how much it does blocking/not blocking

This is how I feel about block.

The fact that I went halfway through the game without even knowing that there was a block was bad.

The fact that I only discovered it by going through my keybindings was worse.

From what I can tell, its blocking varies. I tried on the very first mission just to see what kind of damage it stopped. The machine gun Grineers normally did about 100-120 damage (4 bursts of their fire) to my shields while with block they did about 48-50 damage.

The Grineer with blades do about 50 damage on their first attack then 100 each hit afterwards. The block for some reason blocked properly the first attack (only 25 damage) but each hit afterwards did full damage.

lol i used it.. when i started playing (i always go over key bindings).

And then i forgot since it was...  useless - it was faster and easier to just kill everything then stand around, wasting stamina like a moron to lower damage a little.

I reremembered it  watching the last livestream ....

It just doesnt work - we already have enough keys to constantly use (wasd + sprint + crouch + jump + melee +1234+ use button). Adding block somewhere in t here will slow you down for little to no gain.

Uh, what is this nonsense I'm reading about not using block?

Blocking is THE most important mechanic in the game. Press the block button over and over rapidly. You'll understand.

This is pretty much the only reason to use block. 

Mid-elevator entertainment.