Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Dojo Halls

Quasarium

Dojo has getting some love lately, but still not enough in my opinion. It has been very long from the switch to barracks system in dojo, so I'm wondering why we should keep our old halls, which are considered as essential components and requirements for the others. I would like to have this possibility, i.e. to cancel them as any other node if it match the requirements to be canceled. What do you think about it?

34 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

Once you have built the next hall, you can destroy the old one, right? 

Only the starter hall. All the rest of the halls are mandatory for preceding halls.

More on the main topic, I feel that they simply shouldn't be prerequisites for each other. Each fancier/larger hall should simply cost more resources to build, allowing players to pick and choose what halls they'd like, and not need to put them in such a specific order.

That said, it's not really that hard to work around, and you can make some lovely dojos out of the current system, like my new one below

Spoiler

157c8ab081.png

What DE really need to work on is removing the Parent/Child system of tile placement. It makes it impossible to create small adjustments, especially since we lack a rotate/swap room feature

I'm pretty sure that you said this, but I am having a hard time believing it, so I'm asking for clarification:

You are saying that in order to build the Grand hall, I have to have 3 other halls in existence? Because that will be seriously inconvenient, what with my clan consisting of just me. I really don't need that much space, and that's a lot of dusting and mopping for one Warlord.

ETA: Ok, so that is what you're saying. That's irritating.  I agree with you 100%. This is going to screw up my planning a bit.  

Edited by NullSaint

• 2 months later...
On 2018-05-29 at 7:23 PM, Xarteros said:

More on the main topic, I feel that they simply shouldn't be prerequisites for each other. Each fancier/larger hall should simply cost more resources to build, allowing players to pick and choose what halls they'd like, and not need to put them in such a specific order.

What DE really need to work on is removing the Parent/Child system of tile placement. It makes it impossible to create small adjustments, especially since we lack a rotate/swap room feature

YEAH, exactly, totally agree with both statements