Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Add African Region

SupercatLV

Lowering ping limit doesn't help that much, because it only limits the peers by "range pool" from you. There is a lot of times when you connect to host and everything is fine up until you insert that briefcase into computer in mobile defence and then lagfest begins. Whether it is a bandwidth problem of a host or CPU and latency limit doesn't help in this case at all.

Edited by SupercatLV

due to the peer to peer nature of the game, adding an african region would boil down to you getting more african people to play the game. ;)

there are no dedicated servers, that DE could be extending to host in africa.

also host performance cannot really be detected by a matchmaker that is based on ping.

but i'd agree that the matchmaking needs to be improved/overhauled in general to make such problems less aggravating...

enabling some more player influence features apart from ping range would be a viable solution, but it seems that DE does not intent to move away from their "everything has to work automagically/tech is confusing people" stance...

i would like an advanced options menu for tech savvy people, that includes ping times and lists available games, so i can choose myself to which game i'd like to connect to. something equivalent to quake's lagometer for in game would also be nice to be able to track down lag issues myself...

if joe average doesn't want to mess with that stuff, he could still just use the auto matchmaking options...

some kind of benchmark option that saves results and incorporates it into matchmaking to help it decide which pc to select as host would also be a welcome change...

Edited by gorg_graggel