Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavator-beacons

Tilaria_Sturn

We all know it: You want to build some new weapons but we´re out of cryotic. Well no big deal, let´s head over to the nav-console and check it out for a decent fissure-excavation. Found one? Great!

But that´s when it gets frustrating from time to time. You start one excavator; And only one of course because you want to get this yummy, juicy reactant. Then the next excavator becomes deployable, and because you´re unlucky as always, it´s right behind you, maybe about 120 m away in front of the entrance to the room you´re already in. Not only do you have to move carefully so you don´t trigger it, your teammates (who maybe haven´t reached the room yet) will most certainly jump straight through the spawning-area. It´s even more annoying when you´re already kinda in the air when you hear the words that haunt you in your dreams: "Excavator Ready..." You´re touching the ground and a loud noise can be heard, like something heavy has hit the ground; And it was not Rhinos passive ability, because you´re a Trinity. So you turn around and start swearing because, yeah, you just started a new excavator.

So what I want to suggest is, that there should be some excavator-beacons, that have to be activated by pressing x in order to spawn a new excavator. It would change the quite passive activation into a more active one. It wouldn´t change anything balancing related, it would just reduce frustration and improve the gaming experience a little bit.

6 minutes ago, Tilaria_Sturn said:

So what I want to suggest is, that there should be some excavator-beacons, that have to be activated by pressing x in order to spawn a new excavator.

God, doing excavators on Earth would become impossible! You'd always end up on those darn tightropes...

I'd really like to have an option of NOT activating them when passing them accidentally.
it would be great when the excavators would drop down but would only start digging after i activate them.

vor einer Stunde schrieb tprx:

God, doing excavators on Earth would become impossible! You'd always end up on those darn tightropes...

I doubt that anyone (even a noob) is not able to walk to the point a beacon stands and press X without missing. I have never seen a noob complain before that it is too hard to activate live support capsules in a survival mission.
Noone is jumping all over the place panically spamming X 😄