Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On The Topic Of Endless Defence

9Hopper

Right now there isn't much reason to go past wave 5, so why not allow us to keep the rewards we get every 5 waves? This will give the players incentive to shoot for higher waves for a higher payoff. It can even be made so that if we fail, we lose all the bonus rewards.As drop rates for certain waves taper off to have a high chance for the same repeated mod, I don't see any way this could be exploited, and if they could, this could still be fixed so that Void keys can't appear sequentially for a certain interval of say, 20 waves or more. 

Suddenly that wave 100 looks appealing again

Edited by 9Hopper

No reason to go above wave 5?

Affinity?
More mods...?
Checking our builds/load-outs/group formations.... ?

Farming specific map material?

Or simply to showoff, check yourself, your group...

If these are not enough...
then whats the reason to play warframe at all?

For me it looks like its another thread just to get more stuff, easier way.

Id say NO

Suddenly that wave 100 looks appealing again

Not really..... You are just asking for freebies.

And no, no one would go further in waves just because they can keep 1 crappy reward.

The main reason of doing short waves, is because it's more efficient than going high duty waves..... you keep going while you can wipe waves as fast as the wind... reap rewards, rinse and repeat. That's why and how it works atm with the current system

To make higher waves appealing... rewards need to scale a whole lot better (just as the dumb enemy armor and boring stats scale...) and then people will start doing it. At that point, i would welcome that they made us lose everything (no more chicken safe checkpoints each 5 waves).

But first, they would need to address over OP skills unaffected by enemy lvl scaling => Frost Globe, Vauban Bastille and Nyx Chaos..... else, it's just a matter of bringing in the broken combo and exploit the wave system easily, reaching any wave

To make higher waves appealing... rewards need to scale a whole lot better (just as the dumb enemy armor and boring stats scale...) and then people will start doing it. 

Isn't that the case already- I might be mistaken or subjectively biased, but I feel the higher the wave the more mods and materials drop. Not sure about quality, but pretty sure the quantity increases...

Not really..... You are just asking for freebies.

And no, no one would go further in waves just because they can keep 1 crappy reward.

The main reason of doing short waves, is because it's more efficient than going high duty waves..... you keep going while you can wipe waves as fast as the wind... reap rewards, rinse and repeat. That's why and how it works atm with the current system

To make higher waves appealing... rewards need to scale a whole lot better (just as the dumb enemy armor and boring stats scale...) and then people will start doing it. At that point, i would welcome that they made us lose everything (no more chicken safe checkpoints each 5 waves).

But first, they would need to address over OP skills unaffected by enemy lvl scaling => Frost Globe, Vauban Bastille and Nyx Chaos..... else, it's just a matter of bringing in the broken combo and exploit the wave system easily, reaching any wave

And that's something i can agree with.

Arghagast, on 16 Aug 2013 - 3:54 PM, said:snapback.png

Isn't that the case already- I might be mistaken or subjectively biased, but I feel the higher the wave the more mods and materials drop. Not sure about quality, but pretty sure the quantity increases...

I believe he meant each 5 wave rewards, and  hellfire/heated charge even on wave 50...

Edited by PiotrGracz

I am pretty sure quantity increases too.... since each consecutive wave is composed of more enemies than the previous one.... so higher waves = more enemies = more drops (possibly).

But that wasn't what i was saying..... i was talking about efficiency.... what's the reason not to go higher waves if you get more quantity, xp, etc? Well in one word, Time. That's the factor the makes efficient short wave runs, compared to high duty wave runs.

I was also referring to the reward you claim, not so much the drop res and mods. Now, rewards in def really don't scale with waves (i think this is being worked from what we hear in forums and livestreams).... but if for example you were guaranteed a forma drop or 50% chance of forma for reaching i dunno... wave 50.... then right there, you have a carrot... something to look for and strive to reach. The problem is that, as i said, that could be so easily exploitable with broken combo frames that can go up to any wave with 0 effort, just using their skills.

They've already attempted to make Mod drops increase in quality at higher enemy levels.

I don't think players need any more incentive to "go past wave X." If you're having issues with people leaving early, you may want to spend a little time looking for players you can regularly run these missions with.

What i meant was that there wasn't any incentive to go past wave 5 as the roulette spins the same for rewards and only get progressively worse instead of better. Im just saying to tip the drop rates of keys to be say 1% higher after 20 waves of a tier 3, as well as opening up an interval so another wouldnt come for a for quite a bit of time. The other part was simply a suggestion, to let us keep the odd core, which could be dropped if found excessive.

Forum culture seems to automatically assume everyone is complaining about puggers when nowhere in the post was this nuanced. 

Edited by 9Hopper