Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo NPCS, Vendors, Dating Sim, Lore chatters? Or just those random guys running around the relays?

I run a solo Dojo..Like rank 9 and decorated in every nook and corner with whatever I can build. Now I'm excited about the interest the Devstream showed in providing Dojo NPCs, but you could see the devstream wrestling with the implications of NPCs and the player base's quarks... Now a day later I find myself thinking about "No Man's Sky" with how it handles it's vendors and quest givers..basically a station with animated NPCs that are fixed to it. This would be easy on pathing issues with NPCs and the multiple geometry issues that will be unknown in each dojo set up by it's differing owners.

Another option are new rooms with the NPCs preset, where the player cannot add new variables to it, sorta like what we see in the syndicate rooms that are in the relays..to me this would be good for those players looking for the "Dating Sim" they had with Serena in Skyrim and Mass Effect, which is basically what i've seen asked for in any game with NPCs. This would also work well with those NPCs I like to call Lore Providers...once again Skyrim has it's influences with what I took from the College of Winterfell. 

Someone mentioned that NPCs should be acquired out in the game..I love that idea.. I hope they include that... I also hope they include Kubrow and Kavats, it would be nice to have the option to be able to consign unwanted companions to the Dojo, to act as guards for doorways, or just greeters with wagging tails. 

It would be interesting if the architect of the dojo could edit vendor discussion wheels, they could then add items from the clan vault to Vendor NPCs so you could invite a buyer to the dojo and they could just access the Vendor to purchase say a lex prime donated by one of your classmates who set the plat price for that donation, or even materials as a mode for commerce if a dojo needs more mutagen samples rather than plat going to that individual player who placed the items into the vendor's pool. Maybe even set up quest using a editable conversation wheel where the dojo master can set rewards for his clan out in the star map.

There's a lot De could do with the NPCs, I hope they concentrate on giving the player control on those options, and let them take it in the direction they need for each individual dojo, thats where really interesting player made content could grow if given the ability to do so.

Also lastly... We need a NPC that is a Articula that is full size..where the Dojo Master could place a version of themselves in the Dojo with a greeting or MOTD, so they can type in the "stop tea bagging my feet, you degenerates" message of the day. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey