Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uninstall mod when upgrading, but 20 more of them in inventory

tprx

I was upgraded my sentinel's weapon loadout (Sweeper) when I leveled up a mod (Point Blank). That mod (unleveled) happened to be installed on some other weapon somewhere in my inventory, with the drain cap on that weapon being reached. But instead of taking any other mod from my stockpile (have more than 20 unleveled ones in my inventory), somehow the game chooses the one already installed! So it obligates me to uninstall on that other weapon I haven't used in ages to level up the mod! Now, I have to go through my shotguns and their alternate loadouts to find the missing piece and reinstall it. Couldn't the game just check if you have more than one unleveled mod before going for the installed one? Seems a minor and uncomplicated change for QoL to make, unless I'm completely mistaken.

In fact, here's an example of the needed upgrade in pseudo-code:

IF (chosen unleveled mod to be upgraded) = 1 THEN (Do uninstall if drain limit reached) ELSE (Do nothing!)

After all, you can only have a maximum of 2 unleveled mods installed at the same time in all your loadouts! So if you have more than one in inventory, no need to uninstalled it on other builds due to drain restrictions being over the limit!

Edited by tprx