Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minimap Improvement, And Hud Indicator

poisha

Maybe I am too stupid, but sometimes I and some people get lost in some mission.Because the mark on minimap only detects where I am horizontaly.

Since the maps in game generally have more than one "floors", can the minimap be redesigned, to indicate the vertical difference(Like highlight the floor you current at)? It's also can have more details, like floorplan diagram.The ablity to view to whole map and change size of the minimap is good,too.

And for now, the exclaimaton mark only appear in minimap, we can make it also on HUD, so when the location is under your feet, it's easier to know, no more run past a mark and after some distance, the mark go back to its original location.

I think different height has different color in the minimal already. However, I agree with you that it's not easy for new players to get a precise direction from the minimap when there's elevation in the area. Once player got familiar with the map layout, it's quite simple to progress through he map.

Deadspace made quite good example with the directional line glowing from Isaac's hand showing which way player should go in order to get the current objective. Warframe didn't have to do it in the same manner since it's going to break immersion. The minimap HUD could use a better design. A simple arrow attached to the indicator would suffice.

I was gonna make a topic about this, lucky i found it , Is my only problem with this game.

The solution is maybe a small arrow in front of you showing the way to the orange arrow and diferent colors for each floor (thats the main problem) if says you need to go forward you dont know if its in the same floor or in another.

The hud is not quite clear and is hard to know if u are weak or not in the middle of the battle. (I died one time cause that)

The solution the hp (red) and shield (blue) should be in a large bar with 2 colors below your character similar to other games, just two stripes below you.

But thats my opinion. Sorry for my grammar if is it wrong.

Edited by Marcksh

Map indicators with height really need to be implemented, especially with the newer Grineer asteroids having such differences in heights. It doesn't need to be precise or anything, just more indicative that you're at the wrong level to get where you are going. I only know where to go on those maps because I've already seen all available tiles and know the routes, but usually I am helping others figure out how to get to a certain point because not all pathways are obvious.