Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of what I'd like the 'open world' to have.

Hozinger

I like the plains, but I see them more of a 'less-linear tileset' than an actual open world region, and personally don't see a big difference from the plains with any other tilesets.

In that regard, here are my thoughts on what I think could make the plains feel more like an open world region.

Probably a bunch of stuff that could be really hard to implement 😛.

1. Friendly NPC camps around the plains.

-more than one camp, spread around the plains

-NPCs give me quests

- instead of random quest that pop up around the plains, I activate a quest (or a set of quest like it is right now).

- activated quests are notified to ppl in the plains, who can join in.

- specific quest for specific rewards (ex: quests that reward fish parts, ores, gems, wisps; RNGzus dictates what you get XD).

-have kiosks where i can hop on my archwing and/or dargyns that I can ride using just credits (just for convenience sake, and for ppl who are too lazy to make and carry around archwing launchers like me).

- Aim is to make the open world experience feel continuous/seamless instead of going back and forth between the plains and konzu like I currently do.

2. more ppl per plains

- max 4~10 ppl

- have different channels which dictate the maximum amount of player you can have (4,6,8 or 10)

- players can choose how many ppl they want to be with in the same map via choosing which channel they join.

- each person can play their own quests, hop into other ppl's quests, or just play around mining, fishing, killing grineer.

- since eidolons were designed for 4 ppl, eidolons only appear when you get the quest from konzu, in which case only 4 ppl can join in like as now.

- dedicated servers?

- aim is have lots of random ppl each doing random stuff but in the same map, so that you get a sense of 'being around other ppl'. Even if you're doing the same thing, playing the same quest, in the same place, totally on your own, the very though that there are other players out there in the same map as you, each doing his/her own random thing make you feel less alone.

3. level specific regions

- divide the plains into regions that spawn differing level enemies (10~20, 20~40, 40~70, 70~100) even in the daytime (this will inevitably affect where quests take place).

- as night comes, lower level region sizes decrease and higher level region sizes increase.

- aim is you can play whatever 'tier' gameplay you want at all times in the plains (though the level of accessibility for low/high tier gameplay is dictated via day/night cycle)

4. Enemies killed in the plains grant Ostron standings / themed enemies that drop plains specific resources

- May need to equip sigil for standings (but sigil will only work in the plains and nowhere else)

- Themed enemies will drop fish parts, ores, gems (RNGzus dictates what they drop XD)

- ex: grineers wearing fishnet coats that throw fishing spears are located around lakes and have a chance to drop anything from fish scales to seram beetle shells.

- aim is ppl who want to take a break from missions and just mindlessly kill grineer while chatting with clanmates or random ppl in the plains (which I feel is a big aspect of 'open world') can do so while feeling like they are also not totally wasting their time but rather accomplishing something that can only be accomplished in the plains. Also ppl who do not like the fishing/mining aspects of the game and only prefer to shoot enemies in the face can still get the resources (but with less efficiency than directly fishing/mining).

5. Minibosses

- Randomly found

- hard to solo

- rare mods/resources

- aim is to add that extra spice to the plains.

Edited by Hozinger

1. your desire won't happen as all npcs are safe inside cetus
incursions are ment to be up every 5 minutes your already not in a bounty as opportunity to try an deal a blow to the grineer stationed in the plains
the quests for materials that are farming kinda seems lil lazy as your meant to farm for those things which isn't too hard
wont do free launcher points since your suppose to return to cetus as kinda there way of making sure it runs smoothly as possible cause if had all these things you would lag or crash the game badily.

2. we currently can seamlessly hope from cetus into plains an your wanting to make it so we can be already in plains an join others as transition from cetus into the plains an vice versa is the loading screen.
wanting like sessions of 10 to 12 players all on the map wont work cause of spawns would never work an having a quest to kill terry, garry an harry be only way to spawn them wouldn't work as you said you wanted people already in the map so making the fight heavily based on how many players want to drop what they already doing the second another team spawns them in.

3........... you know that the plains is already like this or you not paying attention as ya having a bounty locks the entire plains lv but free roam wil lhave varying enemy levels the farther you go out.

4. like i said before that is too lazy for the player an not what DE want to do as that would cause too much game progression as Draco used to be where people level stuff an it was really good but it was changed from the interception to the survial to remove the mass exp farm it was cause of mass player progression that made game stale.

Cool.

Don't really want to argue, because i'm just putting things out there, not really expecting it'll change anything, but you know, never hurts to give them feedback and personal thoughts XD.

lol didn't know that you get higher levels by region when you join without missions probably cuz i never join without a mission, since I find there is no reason to do so unless u'r main purpose is to fish/mine in peace. But then again, that could be exactly what DE wanted, so 😞 too bad for me i guess.

Edited by Hozinger