Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods: Make Up Your Mind

Aigloblam

So this has happened several times now, but the most recent was in the void. We found a loot room, but it only contained one mod. Oh well, thats fine, it just happens like that sometimes. My friend picked it up. YAY! EAGLE EYE! The mod that both of us have been wanting for a while. Excited, i ran to where he was and picked the mod up.

What?

This isn't Eagle Eye....This is Warrior!

Not only did i not get the mod i wanted, even though it was clearly dropped, I got a mod for a sentinel that i don't even own (or want to). This this was three weeks ago, i wouldnt be complaining at all. I was under the impression, reinforced by much game play, that everyone gets the same mods now? Apparently not. This is absolutely infuriating.

Either give us different mods, as before. Or give us all the same mods. This mix and match stuff has got to go. Its not fair to anyone, in any way. Back when we each got different mods, it irked me a bit, but since it gave everybody an equal chance of getting something awesome, i didnt say to much, even though that totally runs against any form of reality. When we got all the same mods, I was quite happy. Because then everyone had that same chance to get anything, but both players got it, thus Equal Rewards.

But now this BS? DE, come on, Its One way or the other. And because DE Tends to listen to players, This goes for all of the playerbase as well.

Make. Up. Your Mind.

Well.

Actually it is like this right now, which i understood pretty fast.

All mods dropped by enemeis are the same mod for everyone.

All mods dropped in a different matter ( not talking about missions rewards ), is different to everyone.

If they are ever gonna think about the trade system, as if you could only trade stuff you got i a mission. Then they would need to change it back to different mods, or you wouldn't actually have the big reason to trade ( atleast i don't think so )

Well.

Actually it is like this right now, which i understood pretty fast.

All mods dropped by enemeis are the same mod for everyone.

All mods dropped in a different matter ( not talking about missions rewards ), is different to everyone.

If they are ever gonna think about the trade system, as if you could only trade stuff you got i a mission. Then they would need to change it back to different mods, or you wouldn't actually have the big reason to trade ( atleast i don't think so )

No, Not all mods dropped are the same, Thats my issue. They are supposed to be, but every once in a while one will give two people different mods from the same pickup. Thats my complaint. I either want mods to be totally random like they were before, Or ALL to be the same mod from the same drop. I dont want one to randomly be different when they are all supposed to be the same. Its infuriating.

That was 3 weeks ago, yes? The "everyone gets the same mod" thing is a more recent development than that. So, yeah, keep at it i guess? Also eagle eye really isnt worth it imo.

If it worked all the time, i'd be fine with that. Its those random times that it doesn't that really make me angry. Which is why i want them to make up their minds. If they can make the mods drop the same 99% of the time, they can do it 100%.

Mods dropped by chests in the Void are random for all who pick it up.

Mods dropped by enemies are the same for everybody who pick it up.

Well then. I don't like it....but at least this is a rule that i can be aware of for next time. Thank you very much Xylia.

Where did you find this? Because if i missed it, who knows how many others i missed from the new stuff.

Well then. I don't like it....but at least this is a rule that i can be aware of for next time. Thank you very much Xylia.

Where did you find this? Because if i missed it, who knows how many others i missed from the new stuff.

Simple observation, and a little logical thought process...

Everybody got same mods when they changed the enemies' drop tables, right? This is because enemies drop mods by type and they decided to do away with the "everybody gets random mod" system (not sure why, but they just decided to?).

Either way, when you break open a chest... obviously that would be a different "drop system" and unless they changed it too, it'd continue to function like it did in the past. Whether or not this is intended, I don't know -- it could change later based on this, or other feedback.

Now, I Do know I've heard others saying Void Chests are still random, but your OP you specifically said you were in Void and that you found it in a Loot Room, so it had to have come from a chest.

I'm good at logical deduction, I guess. I fix computers RL on the side and it takes those kinds of skills to figure out just what is wrong with a computer sometimes.

Simple observation, and a little logical thought process...

Everybody got same mods when they changed the enemies' drop tables, right? This is because enemies drop mods by type and they decided to do away with the "everybody gets random mod" system (not sure why, but they just decided to?).

Either way, when you break open a chest... obviously that would be a different "drop system" and unless they changed it too, it'd continue to function like it did in the past. Whether or not this is intended, I don't know -- it could change later based on this, or other feedback.

Now, I Do know I've heard others saying Void Chests are still random, but your OP you specifically said you were in Void and that you found it in a Loot Room, so it had to have come from a chest.

I'm good at logical deduction, I guess. I fix computers RL on the side and it takes those kinds of skills to figure out just what is wrong with a computer sometimes.

But if you use Logic like that, The rest of Warframe doesnt make sense.

And i was angry at the time, so my thought processes werent exactly in the best working order. I've noticed it a few times, but for the life of me i can't remember if they were all in the void or not. Because its really only been that once that it has really bothered me, So that sticks out in my mind.

I worked Tier 3 tech support for an outsourcing/data-mining company for the last 6 years, so you're right, its awesome what the standard troubleshooting flow can do if its applied right, I just didnt have the information to appy it, Nor the will...since I had been extremely angry for a while before that post, and after. im better now though, and im keeping a careful eye on that sort of thing.