Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In-game clocks/timers

-In game time for missions with day/night cycle.

I'm trying to do the 'Silver grove' quest and gathering plants is proving to be annoying because they spawn on the same maps but at different times of day. Now the day/night cycle itself is really nice but knowing what time of day it is similarly to Cetus will help with quests like these.

-timestamps for chat messages.

Don't think I need to give any explanation for this but incase I do, have you ever asked a question in clan or alliance chat only for someone to reply an hour later because there was no other messages after yours so that person assumed it was new even though you've most likely already solved your problem?

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

Big yes to ingame timers, even with daylight being important solely for one location in the system.
We currently have a clock for the Plains of Eidolon and Cetus, displayed in the expanded map overlay once you enter Cetus, however this is not available unless you do go to Cetus, and having redirected people there has brought dissatisfying results - they will rather go online and look for an external website with a timer than enter Cetus to see the map clock. Makes sense in a way, considering Cetus is a public hub and can often lag due to the sheer amount of people participating, which is not something all machines running warframe can handle.
The day/night state written in the star chart is solely attached to the Plains and Cetus as well. While useful, players often need info on "how long until", and do not appreciate not being able to plan ahead without, again, joining Cetus that can in some cases even crash their game.
Now, expanding on this, there are nodes on Earth which don't have a transitional period that would absolutely benefit from the day/night tag in the star chart. Those being the nodes on which plant scanning is available. Seeing how plants on Earth are specifically conditioned by time of day and there is absolutely no indicator within the game that the change happens in a matter of four hours, it should be considered an overlook by the UI team rather than an intentionally made decision. Which is why this thread's topic is as important.

As for the chat time stamps - inspect your Pause menu > Options > Chat submenu. I wouldn't be able to function without chat stamps. Thank goodness they already exist.
Would suggest renaming the thread to "ingame clocks" / "timers" and see how far it can expand, as there are many timed things in the game that players will make sure to mention, which will allow the thread to collect a good amount of addressable concerns and perhaps develop some proper feedback.